Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Custom MapName V1.10
Author: Mewgles
Description:
This simple plugin allows you to adjust and customize the map name window and display in a few ways.

Features:
  • Adjust map name window position and size​
  • Change font and font size of the map name display​
  • Adjust the map name display timer​
  • Show the current map name on the menu screen​
  • Adjustable menu screen window​
  • Set a synonym to be displayed on maps without name​
  • Detailed instructions on how to set up and use within the plugin help section​
Plugin commands to adjust the following values during the game:
  • Font
  • Font size
  • Background image
  • Timer
  • Synonym

Terms of use:
This plugin may be used for non-commercial and commercial purposes as long as you credit me and give me a heads-up in case you release your game (no free copy or anything needed, I'd just like to know). However any sort of repost/selling my work is not allowed unless you got a direct permission from me to do so.
For more detailed TOU click here.

cmapname-3.JPG

cmapname-4.JPG

cmapname-1.JPG

Update Version 1.10:

- Enabled core plugin support. Mewgles Core is now required to run this plugin

Download:
Get it here

I really hope this is useful for someone people at least.

Last edited:

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have no clue why, but even in the demo project the "font" used isn't the one specified. Does the font used need to be installed on the operating system that the game's run on?

Mewgles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have no clue why, but even in the demo project the "font" used isn't the one specified. Does the font used need to be installed on the operating system that the game's run on?
That was indeed a bug. I fixed it and updated the files. Thanks a lot for notifying me!

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Love this!

For ease of use, I'd recommend you update your plugin parameter for BackgroundImage to @type file and your UseInMenu and ShowWhenNoName to @type boolean

Mewgles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For ease of use, I'd recommend you update your plugin parameter for BackgroundImage to @type file and your UseInMenu and ShowWhenNoName to @type boolean
Thanks for the suggestion! Updated those, though I went for a normal select for the latter since the boolean selectors feel quite buggy.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the suggestion! Updated those, though I went for a normal select for the latter since the boolean selectors feel quite buggy.
Interesting, I haven't had a problem with the booleans!

Mewgles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sometimes they don't seem to register properly for me. But since you can easily simulate them with a normal select it doesn't really matter I guess.

JosephG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UPDATE: Never-mind. I reported a bug but the plugin download link had a cached copy, so when I re-saved it, it was still the old version. Had to force clear my browser cache and that let me download the updated version.

Mewgles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
UPDATE: Never-mind. I reported a bug but the plugin download link had a cached copy, so when I re-saved it, it was still the old version. Had to force clear my browser cache and that let me download the updated version.
I changed some settings on my website (which provides the downloads) to hopefully prevent browsers from caching those links in the future.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I wonder... If I develop my own game hacks, does it count as beating the game my own way?
First 12 minutes of gameplay.

bio-Synthetica's Database plugin is complete. Players will be able to find and unlock various tutorials and lore as they reach certain points. There are 5 categories of files you can unlock: Audio Clips, Data Files, Bestiary, Earth History, and Tutorials.

1653160049600.png

Thank you Dsiver for this amazing plugin! :kaothx:
My favorite kind of progress? Reverse progress! First, change some small feature of your game. Second, go back through and change 6,000 tiny things related to that minor alteration just to get your game playable again. What fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dion40