Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,
I developed a relationship menu since I didn't want to show variables for relationship progress. I opted to use stars instead. Also able to show perks unlocked and relationship information as levels progress that the normal menu methods don’t really have an ability to do.

Problem: Can’t erase picture at end of menu sequence used to block the map during custom menu transitions. For some reason picture 90 I used to block the screen doesn’t erase with ‘erase picture’ command but rather shifts up halfway the map. *Edit: Since I edited the code now it just doesn't erase. This failed solution was used since I too couldn’t set player transparency off after exiting Main Menu.

Moreover I tried to use an on-map event to revert player transparency (failed), it doesn't seem to trigger. Tried then to erase picture 90 through this method as well. Picture won’t erase. Picture is bound via bind pictures to map plugin so to hide the player. Such layout being a parallel event active when a switch is turned on. Event erases 90 then turns the switch off. This switch is turned on via a common event call by another common event.

Method: Using Yanfly Main Menu Manager to transfer player to another map. Map uses pictures to generate the menu. Esc key used to call another common event which opens the main menu and returns player back to original location.

Sorry, I know I have a lot of plugins.

Attachments

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be that your plugins are really disorganized. The order of the plugins in the list is very important. As a general rule, plugins made by the same author should all be next to each other in the list. And Yanfly's plugins should be in the order recommended on his website. Also, since you have plugins by multiple authors, there could be conflicts between them if they have similar effects.

With this many plugins, it may be worth asking if you actually need them all or simply want them all. The more plugins you use, the more likely conflicts will arise, especially if you're using plugins made by different authors.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that’s a fair point. I’ll have to see about trimming the fat and reorganizing.

JEIA_CORP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The dark mode is cool, how'd you do that?

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The dark mode is cool, how'd you do that?
Under tools then options there are some UI variations—should be default, dark, and high contrast themes. (^_^)
at least in the one I got from Steam which included a ton of extra DLC and bonus plugins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Say, does anyone know any other indie game development forums? Progress on my uni survey has been a little slow, so I wanna look into posting it around a bit more.
Due to the bullies' resurgence on Facebook and Twitter against my friend (and I since I defend), we've decided to move over to tumblr to try to obscure our presence, where we might finally be at peace working on games. If anyone wants my/our game's tumblrs to follow lmk. :kaojoy:
Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uniteditcare