Charles2020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted change menu scene (item, skill, etc) to total custom menu screen using custom pictures but link button to each new screen. How can I do that ? See attached.

I tried altmenuscreen plugin but it changed only main menu (not item menu scene or skill menu scene)

Thanks

Attachments

• 16-xillia2_149.jpg
    16-xillia2_149.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 22

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please clarify:
do you want to request someone to make you a plugin (in which case you're wrong here and have to go to plugin requests, adding much more details to your request), or do you want to learn javascript to write your own plugin for this?

if you want to write that plugin on your own and need help with that, you first have to tell us how much experience you have in programming in javascript, and perhaps show us the code you might already have written for this.

Charles2020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HI Andar,

I prefer someone to help me with this plugin. I can write basic JS but not at complex plugin level

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to link to a scene, you can use the default one:

SceneManager.push(Scene_Item); return to the item scene
SceneManager.push(Scene_Equip); return to equip
SceneManager.push(Scene_Skill); return to skills,

you can find those in the rpg_scenes I think if everything is noted there.
if you use other scenes (otehr than default), check their plugin and
check (ctrl+F to search) SceneManager.push(Scene_ ......)
to see if there is a scriptcall to it, if it has scenemanager.push call in it,
you can use that to the go to the scene.

sometimes you need to modify or add a bit more in order to make those works.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm moving on from RMXP finally. I've been stuck in a difficult decision between XP and MZ, and I've given up and moved on to MZ. Overall I'm really liking it, I wish tilesets were easier to setup like XP, but it's actually not that bad!
Have you ever gone full 'Ship of Theseus' while frankenspriting? Because I just did.
I saw my new eye doctor today, he reminds me of Satoru Iwata for some reason
I've been using a modified version of a script called Multiple Messages. It makes my text boxes look like a Mario & Luigi game! There is something about it that bothers me a little bit, but I shouldn't worry about that now.

Side note, Mist's walking animation is almost perfectly in sync with Loose Yourself by Eminem.
Starting work on some stuff for the community. Hopefully it will be fun, and useful to somebody.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smudge