Custom menu with pictures and show variables.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ZelsesWind, Sep 5, 2017.

1. ZelsesWind

ZelsesWind Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello, friends.

I was messing around with Scene and Window js files to create a custom menu. I could manipulate already made menus, but couldn't create new windows to display other stuff. Boy, it's really hard.

After weeks of no success I tried an evented custom menu with pictures, now my only concern and question is to display variables above the menu, along with my pictures, with some script call to show numbers for Gold, Level, item quantity, etc., since it would be quite brutal to create 99 png images with the numbers and million ifs.

Do you know a way I could do this with a script call, plug-in or a snipet? Or may you have another idea you could share, please?

In summary, I need to: display several variables on screen, decide its x and y position and dispose of them when menu is off.

Please know I am using a gold and level system with game variables and not database's gold and actor level, as default.

Thank you.

2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can use pixi for it, it is great for manipulating text. On the internet there are a couple of tutorials about pixi.

3. ZelsesWind

First Language:
    Spanish
    That's intriguing, I will check that out right now to see what it is, thanks for the suggestion.

4. waynee95

waynee95 Lunatic Coder Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ZelsesWind
    PIXI is not easier than normal MV Code for a beginner.

Maybe you should check out Yanfly's Common Event Menu. I think that's the easiest and fastest non-code related option to create menus.
    yanfly.moe/2016/05/06/yep-98-common-event-menu-rpg-maker-mv/

5. ZelsesWind

First Language:
    Spanish
    Yeah, I figured, my nose could've bleed from migraine trying to understand pixi these last hours Dx. Thanks again @waynee95 I will check yanfly's plug-in in the matter; much appreciated.

EDIT: @waynee95 Hi, friend, the plug in you told me about is great and extremely useful for other of my purposes, however, I couldn't achieve to display variables in the maner I'd like them to be; it seems with this plug in I can make a list of common events and make them work like options, which I'll use on other ideas.

Basically what I am trying to do, is to replicate and rearange the statusMenu with pictures, but instead of displaying ActorHP, ActorMP, ActorLevel above the gauges, I wanted to display the contents of some game variables.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  6. mpurnell

mpurnell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    sumrdmdude has a plugin just for that. HUD maker I think it is