Yo Ewan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'd like to create a custom menu screen on Rpg Maker Vx Ace.

When I say menu, I mean the menu, not the title screen.

I'd like it to be completely different from the default one.

Is there a script that could help, or any way to event this?

Thanks, 

Yo Ewan.

Also, this is the kind of thing I mean

Custom Meny.PNG

DTracy3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Luxembourgish
Primarily Uses
I don't know about a script for custom menus, but you can create it as an Event. I used to have a menu like that changing the buttons so Esc would display the pictures of my menu. While the event was active I figured all my buttons for navigation and when leaving I turned them back to normal.

It's some work, but the good part is, that you can fully customize your menu with basically any option you want it to have.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It depends on what you want.

If all you want is the menu option, then there are several menu scripts that allow you to add custom options to the regular menu - yanfly and several others wrote such scripts.

If you want the graphic display like the picture, then you'll need to use a customized script specifically written for you.

(you might be able to use LUNA Engine for that, but that would still require you to have basic scripting knowledge even after purchasing that package)

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Andar no, that menu is done with events. The guy who made it did a tutorial on it. 

Here's the video

The catch is you have to copy and paste it into every single map, but, it's much simpler than to make a script for something like that. I wouldn't know where to begin. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@HexMozart88 If you base the design the common events, then you don't have to worry about pasting to each map.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have thought about doing that, but I figured that it would work because of how many pages it takes up. 

Rinobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@HexMozart88 Multiple pages are technically unnecessary for events like these,

but common events can be called from within other common events if need be.

Yo Ewan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It depends on what you want.

If all you want is the menu option, then there are several menu scripts that allow you to add custom options to the regular menu - yanfly and several others wrote such scripts.

If you want the graphic display like the picture, then you'll need to use a customized script specifically written for you.

(you might be able to use LUNA Engine for that, but that would still require you to have basic scripting knowledge even after purchasing that package)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm so annoyed with myself...I can't get this code to work so it looks like I'm going the plugin route for a problem I should be able to do myself :kaolivid:Great. Now I get to murder save file compatibility. Again.
Can't believe my code from four years ago is still working! Did some expansions, and...
1635194553179.png
In related news, I may have an update for my old Extra status window plugin ready. That is, once I manage to sit down and update the documentation... and the demo project... :kaoswt:
How does one pronounce Godot? I've heard it pronounced a couple of different ways, and I genuinely don't know the proper way.
March 2020 ...
1635188823939.jpeg
... vs October 2021
You look like you had a rough day...Here, have a Baby Panda!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelseycherry