Wisp Charmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

Would someone be able to help me with creating a custom MP system, using a combination of Yanfly's Skill Core, and Yanfly's Buffs and States Core?

What I'm trying to do is create a system where a party member can spend their turn calling upon an elemental spirit (one per turn, up to 3 can be active at once). Then, each time that party member's turn begins they gain "Elemental Mana" depending on which spirits they have active (this is separate per character, by the way). Lastly, I'd like to have skills that cost this Elemental Mana (for example, a skill that costs 3 Fire Mana). The spirits and Elemental Mana reset after battle, or if the user is knocked out.

I believe this sort of functionality can be made by editing some of the Tips and Tricks status effects. For example, the Earth Shield state deals with "stacks", which I imagine should be able to be repurposed this sort of system.

As an added bit of utility, being able to add/remove/set both the spirits and Elemental Mana using a skill eval would be really handy to know. Likewise, having any way to show how much the character has would be fantastic, but I imagine that last one might be a bit more complex.

I hope I explained this in a way that makes sense, haha. Definitely let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which part do you not know how to do? What have you already done?

The notetags/code references for state stacks are in the Buffs & States Core documentation, and the one for Skill Core shows how to use the Cost Display Eval and Custom Cost Display.

So what do you need help with?

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am with @ATT_Turan . Your plan sounds very cool, but also very doable. But we kind of need to have specific questions that we can answer. I doubt someone will go ahead and implement the whole system for you.
That said I do have one general tip for you:
Take a look at http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Combo_Attack_(MV_Plugin_Tips_&_Tricks)
This one deals specifically with using state stacks as a resource.

I used this as a basis for two systems of 'aquiring stacks and using them as skill resource'. I even have two bonus tips for you:
- in the skill core there is some way to display custom costs. This can be used to actually display something like '3 Icon of Fire mana' as a cost.
- somerandomdude has a plugin to upgrade the repeat part of a skill. You can use this to make cool X-cost skills, that consume all mana of a certain type and execute as often as mana was consumed

caseorogue

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In addition to what's already been posted, I can't recommend SmRndmDude's HUD Maker enough if you're planning to use an alternative resource system as a core mechanic of your game. You can put together your own custom gauges to keep track of each character's elemental mana, meaning less reliance on states (which can easily become cluttered).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banehaven