Slashman177

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi everyone, I recently downloaded RMMV and noticed that importing our own music is quite harder than VX. So as other topics mentioned, I converted my mp3 files to OGG and m4a files using fre:ac and copied both new files into my game's bgm folder. 

Results:

-In the Sound Test menu, my custom music don't play and the normal ones either don't play or they start playing after a while. SE as well.

-In game, all my soundtracks are delayed except one.

Could you help me please?

Thanks in advance :)

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's no way to fix this right now. You'll have to wait until the developers release a patch.

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How large are you soundtracks? if they are huge that can cause a delay in their loading time.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It is strange that .ogg files that come with MV load fast, but custom .ogg files take a while to load. What is different about MV's Files. An .ogg file is an .ogg file. This just doesn't make any sense. If there is a secret way that they are making their .ogg files, why not share this in the help file?

RyokuHasu

Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Again, if you have larger files they will take longer to load. We still haven't heard from OP on size of his files.

Slashman177

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Sorry for late reply, my files are almost the same size as the default one, it ranges between 1600ko and 11000 ko (I know 11000ko is big though)

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
a patch would be nice. What puzzles me though is that they included M4A copies of all the OGG files. The M4A files do not even show up. M4A is not only a better file than OGG, but smaller. If this forum thinks that large files are the problem, then why put smaller ones in there that do not even show up. what puzzles me even more is that games 20 times the size of this software have no problem instantly playing audio files, even on slower cpu's. Patch or no patch, if this is an "upgrade" from VX Ace...this audio problem should have never happened to start with.

Guiltery

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm also having the same problem, but none of the bgm's are playing in sound test and when testing the game the bgm on the map lags a few seconds before playing.

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That happens to me every single time a play test. Some of my ogg files don't even loop properly in MV when in VX Ace they loop like they're supposed to. This just terrible and completely unacceptable since my games are basically unplayable until they fix this, and this should have been one of the first things they addressed upon release.

Slashman177

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Anybody knows if the developers are working on a patch for this? Or what they are currently working on?

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm just gonna go on a whim and say, nope.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And that's the problem of answering on the basis of a whim, and not a basis of fact. It doesn't actually mean anything.

@Slashman177

As this has been reported in great detail in the official bug report thread, you might well find your answer there.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It is strange that .ogg files that come with MV load fast, but custom .ogg files take a while to load. What is different about MV's Files. An .ogg file is an .ogg file. This just doesn't make any sense. If there is a secret way that they are making their .ogg files, why not share this in the help file?
I am updating what I said in this message, because I found out that the .oog file extension is really just a sort of "wrapper" or "shell" for another audio file. When you convert your files to .ogg they must be ".oog Vorbis". Goldwave just saves them as .ogg, but audacity saves them as .oog vorbis. These files load a lot faster.

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
How large are you soundtracks? if they are huge that can cause a delay in their loading time.
I don't think the size of the file matters as much as the file being the correct audio format. Not all .ogg files are ".ogg vorbis". .ogg is just a shell for the vorbis file. I converted a short file with goldwave (saved as .ogg but not .ogg vorbis), and a larger file with audacity (saved as .ogg vorbis). The larger file loaded much faster than the smaller one. If size was the problem, then a lot of 20 or 30 gig massive games would be slow at loading music...and this is not normally the case. I do think that a future patch, though, would help this even more.

Darthneko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am updating what I said in this message, because I found out that the .oog file extension is really just a sort of "wrapper" or "shell" for another audio file. When you convert your files to .ogg they must be ".oog Vorbis". Goldwave just saves them as .ogg, but audacity saves them as .oog vorbis. These files load a lot faster.
Oh my goodness, THANK YOU. that just solved half my buggy audio problems. Time to go back and convert everything with audacity now...

pincaviglia86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Oh my goodness, THANK YOU. that just solved half my buggy audio problems. Time to go back and convert everything with audacity now...
You are welcome....I hope using Audacity helps with your audio file conversions....it sure helped with mine. I am seeing almost no lags in my custom music at all now. Good luck on your project.

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I use audacity to convert MP3s and have many imported .ogg songs in my game. No issues in playtest or soundtest. Maybe audacity really is just a better converter.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who's a fan of firearms? The 5 on the bottom row (not including the green laser ones) I made pretty recently. I plan for most of these to be in my project.

Screenshot 2021-09-28 165924.png
Doing RPG Maker News for 28th September 2021

RMMV - Skip script errors:

For game developer testing purposes.
You know, I really get to farm likes since I post all of @Avery and @hiddenone 's blog tutorials on the forums...
Back from a very long hiatus with a new project woo
This is my battler placeholder image trying out art styles too I want to fake a backview battle system
I think I will want portraits and battle sprites to be 2D and stick to pixel art for overworld not 100%sure but pretty sure its easier to make pixel art for overworld sprites, events and maps and stuff.
Placeholder.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reyeskhalifa32