magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like a mana khemia style battle system. You have 6 party members in your party, but only 3 of them can be on screen at a time. They can switch midbattle to do extra damage or even end with specials, or if they both did specials, finishers. You could still revive and heal if they were in the party and could come replace members that fall in battle. At beginning of battle, or once you switch them, there's a 5 turn time limit before you can switch them in, or switch them again, whatever the case may be. Can someone help me?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You'll have to provide more details.

They can switch midbattle to do extra damage or even end with specials, or if they both did specials, finishers
How do they do damage when they switch mid-battle? What does it mean to "end with specials"?
Basically how should the players be playing out the battle?

For switching members, the "party change" command can be done as a skill with a 5-turn cooldown, but you'll need a menu for party-switching. Do you have a design in mind?

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Doesn't have to be exact. Just a close enough approximation.

Last edited:

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any takers? I would be eternally grateful.

Beginning to wonder how much it would cost if I decided to pay someone for this lol

Last edited:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
At 0:15 I see the unit selecting a skill and a target. Then it performs a sequence of attacks (could be done with yanfly action sequences I think)

And then at the end of the skill someone else comes in? Is that the "switching"? I don't really see how the switch is triggered though, or where that guy came from lol

If you can provide the time-stamps for the different mechanics you're looking for that would help.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You see a card of the three characters in the upper right corner? When they're fully lit up, you can select one and transfer it in.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When does the player select one?

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You start out with six party members. 3 start on the field and 3 are in reserve.
If a party member is low on health, you can switch with one of the reserves once their cooldown timer ends or midattack to deal extra damage.
You can also heal the members on the field or in reserve and/or revive them if necessary.
Then later, there's a group attack where one character and the three in reserve can do massive damage. Then whichever one ends the attack is now on the battlefield.
You use a button to switch between active and reserve members.
When a character attacks, you press the button, and the reserve character comes in with an attack.
The first attacking character goes into reserve then.
Then there's a cooldown before they can be switched again.

(Sorry used our conversation on discord for this post in case anyone else wants to try)

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anyone willing to take a crack at this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilsonliz