Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
customPageConditionsMV3.jpg

Having trouble with event conditions? Are the default conditions not enough?
If you look at the page conditions, you get

- up to two switches
- a variable (and must be greater or equal to a certain value)
- a self switch
- an item (in the party's inventory)
- an actor (currently in the party)

But there's so many other conditions that you might want to have.

Maybe you want to check if TWO actors are in the party. Or you want to check if an actor has a full set of equipment on right now. Or maybe you want to base it on the time of day if you had a time system, or perhaps which party is currently active if you're using a party manager that let's you have multiple parties.

This plugin solves all of those problems.
Basically, why not just EVENT your page conditions?

How this plugin works (see picture above)

First you create two comments. Just write one, copy it, and add a slash.

Code:
<page condition>

Code:
</page condition>

And then in between the two comments, you just do all of your conditional branches as you normally would.

To actually say that the condition has been met, you select this convenient plugin command from the dropdown list:

customPageConditionsMZ2.png

Which would tell the game that the page should be activated.

And now you've built your own page condition!

This works for both troop events as well, so if you wanted certain troop events to activate when a custom condition is met, you can do basically the same thing you did with your map events.

Download

Get it here: http://himeworks.com/2015/10/custom-page-conditions-mv/

Terms of use: http://himeworks.com/terms-of-use/

Compatible with both MV and MZ.

Last edited:

howaboutno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having issues getting this to work for MZ 1.1.1 (And now the same for 1.2.0)
I saw somewhere that someone else was also having an issue, although they seemed to figure out it. Unfortunately, they didn't share how they fixed it. I can't seem to get the plugin to work even on a New Game start. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I'm having issues getting this to work for MZ 1.1.1 (And now the same for 1.2.0)
I saw somewhere that someone else was also having an issue, although they seemed to figure out it. Unfortunately, they didn't share how they fixed it. I can't seem to get the plugin to work even on a New Game start. Any help would be appreciated.
this works fine for me without issues since 1.1.1 and even after i upgrade to 1.2.0
i use this plugin inside my MZ plugin demo (inside EST_Actor_Event map) to combine this plugin with my own plugin that can change event image based on party member...

maybe you can explain what problem you have when using the plugin... any error? any crash?
how you set up the plugin command? any info would be helpful to fix the problem...

also have you try it without any other plugin? since there might be incompatibilty with all other plugin you have...

btw i set the event like this for your reference:

hope this help.

howaboutno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
also have you try it without any other plugin? since there might be incompatibilty with all other plugin you have...

Thank you so much for your response, suggestions, and help. I usually always check my plugins but this time I jumped the gun after seeing someone else also having the same problem as me with the newest updated version. :kaoswt2: I have now tested it with the list of plugins I'm using and I've found out which plugin it is conflicting with. For some reason this plugin and Visu Stella's Events and Movement Core are not compatible with each other, and the load order doesn't seem to matter. I'll have to find another movement plugin that works alongside Hime's.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Thank you so much for your response, suggestions, and help. I usually always check my plugins but this time I jumped the gun after seeing someone else also having the same problem as me with the newest updated version. :kaoswt2: I have now tested it with the list of plugins I'm using and I've found out which plugin it is conflicting with. For some reason this plugin and Visu Stella's Events and Movement Core are not compatible with each other, and the load order doesn't seem to matter. I'll have to find another movement plugin that works alongside Hime's.
You can still use the VisuStella plugin... you can try asking VisuStella team for support... i think you can submit bug report but don't forget to also tell it's compatibility issues... there's still a chance they can modify their code to make it compatible...

Tsukihime and all other people would not be able to help though since visustella obfuscate their code so other human cannot read the code easily...

or you can do like what you said and use another movement plugin...

fun story though... i also once have compatibility problem between my plugin (EST_Actor_Event_MZ) with the exact same visustella Events and Movement Core plugin... at that time i'm 100% sure the problem lies in their side though... since there's also some bugs even without my plugin installed... my plugin only make the problem stand out more... i submit the bug report and after a week they fix something at their end and finally work fine with my plugin...

but seeing this plugin also conflict with visustella's Event and Movement Core... i think there might be some 'design' fault in their code that caused some plugin to not compatible with their's...

hope this help :D.

howaboutno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Again, thank you so much for your help. I took your advice and found out how to submit a bug report. While reading over their guidelines I checked to see if their plugin had been updated from when it had first been released in the Sample Project. It turns out it has been updated quite a few times, and I still had their first release of the plugin. I updated their plugin and there is no conflict between their Movement Core and this plugin. Everything works fine together. :LZSsmile:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Again, thank you so much for your help. I took your advice and found out how to submit a bug report. While reading over their guidelines I checked to see if their plugin had been updated from when it had first been released in the Sample Project. It turns out it has been updated quite a few times, and I still had their first release of the plugin. I updated their plugin and there is no conflict between their Movement Core and this plugin. Everything works fine together. :LZSsmile:
wait... i got goosebumps... i think the bug report i submit long ago to them is the one fixing that bug :D :D... i just remember... after that exact bugfix... my plugin did not clash with it again... and at the same time i can also use this plugin too combined with mine :D :D...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

finally redesigned one of the major antagonist of my game, Pro... aka Prometheus.
Well, I've decided I'll take a break on making Forgotten Eclipse...and Make a mod for FNF
Trailer for my new game.
last one for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertNeko