Custom Page Conditions

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

This script allows you to add custom page conditions to your events using comments and conditional branches. You can add an unlimited number of custom page conditions as long as your event page has room for more commands.

A "page condition" is a condition that determines whether the page will be "selected". For example, if your page required switch 1 to be ON, then it will be skipped while that switch is OFF.

A page will only be selected if all page conditions and custom page conditions are satisfied. This allows you to easily set up complicated activation conditions using built-in functionality.

Download

Get it at Hime Works!

This script combines the following scripts into one

Custom Troop Event Conditions

Custom Common Event Conditions

Last edited by a moderator:

Evan G.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks incredibly useful, especially when, and if, common event support is added. Thanks, Tsukihime.

Looks like evented battle systems and the like will be quite a bit easier with this.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Custom conditions for common events have been added.

You would set them up the same way as any other custom page condition.

The trigger must be auto-run or parallel.

Since it requires a switch to be ON, you can just use a dummy switch that is always true if you don't need the switch condition.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This should be a better example of what the script does

Custom Page Conditions

Custom Troop Event Conditions

Custom Common Event Conditions

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Having a problem, and i'm fairly confident that it has something to do with this script. Trying to set up a continue system using an item.

Troop Event

Game over map script

If I do a battle test and try it out, the game merely loops the conditional branch for the willpower item. And yes, i've tried changing the settings on when the check is done. In playtest, it merely drops out to the default gameover. I got the same effect trying to use your gameover common event script, also.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Are you saying even when everyone revives, it keeps asking you the choices?

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Interestingly enough, no. Only if I pick the option that would end the game.

Okay, I just fiddled around a bit.

1. Now, I get the same problem in both playtest and battle test, with the looping choices branch.

2. Now, if I choose Arise, the script plays like it should, but then the battle aborts itself....even there's no command in there saying to do that. This only happens in playtest, where the player starts with 1 Willpower. Which means the common event is DEFINITELY looping itself, right? Having the custom page condition event page set to battle or turn just causes standard gameover processing.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This happens in a new project with only the required scripts? I can't reproduce any "looping" issues. When all members die, I get the choices, and I choose to arise, which removes all of the special item. Next time I die again, I just game over.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Perhaps it's an issue with the ordering of the scripts, then?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, I didn't create your exact event setup so maybe I'm just not hitting it. If the issue occurs in a new project without only custom page conditions, game over events, and end phase triggers, then it would be an issue with my scripts.

It could be a script order issue, or two scripts are just incompatible. I don't know.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'll toy with the script order then. Here's a list of my scripts in order:

Ace Core Engine

Ace Battle Core

Game End Event

Battle Commands

Battle Reaction

Battle Rules

Battle BGM

Save Engine

Message Extension

HP Bars

Cast

Console

Console Keyboard

Death Events

Enemy Drop Mod

Victory Aftermath

Ace Shop

Skill Evaluation

Follower's Commands

Synchronized Battlers

Large Troops

End Phase Triggers

BGM Fade

Custom Page Conditions

Hidden Enemies Fix

Custom Death State

Yanfly Engine Ace's Death States script(Which happens to have a party wipe-out constant) seems to have fixed the problem for me, once i utilized it. Also, it may have been responsible for this problem.

New problem. Upon reaching the game over I was looking for, I still get the message box that says that the party was defeated. I'd like to get rid of that dang box somehow....

EDIT: Nevermind, I made it work. For all intensive purposes, this problem is solved.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Surprised I didn't see this before.  Might bookmark this for later.  Nice work Tsukihime.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Got that fixed, but there's a new problem. The page condition for calling reinforcement doesn't seem to be working anymore, for..SOME...reason :\

And i'm also using the end phases script.

EDIT: I think it might be a compatability issue between Battle Rules and End Phase Triggers actually. Since they both overwrite self.judge.win_loss in Battlemanager

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes, both scripts overwrite the judge win loss method.

However, end phase triggers moves the original method somewhere else, so as long as battle rules is placed above end phase triggers, I believe it should work.

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ah, yes, I see now.

Could you possibly put this into the op?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Avery's Advent Calendar Day event has put me in a jolly mood, so I dug through my folders finished up some old generator pieces. Check my Fantasy Generator Expansion -Dwarfs! To see what I dropped.
Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
narwhalkyrie