Custom Save & Title Pictures

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by DeathByGames, Apr 15, 2017.

1. DeathByGames

DeathByGames Swaggy Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    So I am working to make as unique of a title screen as I can. One problem that has occurred to me though, is the normal title screen option box. I have this relocated to a different side of the screen, but I would like it if it was without the window skin border. I would also love it if the "New Game, Continue, Shutdown, and Option" choices used pictures instead of just regular text. I don't know if there is already a script for this or not, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Another thing I want to improve is the "Save" option. In RPG Maker VX Ace you have your normal 16 save slots, but I want to limit the player to 2. I am currently using the "Save File Details" Script which can be found here:

http://www.rpgmakercentral.com/topic/26847-more-information-in-save-slots/

I want to keep these original options, but reformat it so that there is only two slots and the save files move a little bit once the cursor is over them, but move back when it is not. This may sound confusing, but go look at any 3D game out there, that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

I did attempt to make this myself, but in a feeble manner I ended up risking my project and not learning anything.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You have 2 very different requests in the same thread. This has the potential to cause some confusion in the replies, as people may not always make it 100% clear which query they are responding to. Furthermore, as your tags do not include 'save option' or 'title screen option' (or similar) it makes it harder for anyone searching for a similar answer in the future because they may not realize that both are discussed here.

In future, one query, one thread. Thanks.

3. DeathByGames

DeathByGames Swaggy Developer Member

First Language:
    English
    Sorry, I thought that they were pretty similar topics. I figured they would be controlled by the same script. (I honestly don't know scripting at all).