Custom Scene_Save and Scene_Load Scripts needed

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by Tiamat5774, May 6, 2015.

1. Tiamat5774

Tiamat5774 Dragon Master (yes, I am a DM Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello,

I'm creeping up on the end of making my game, but need two more scripts to create a uniform look to all the menus in game play.

I've been using The MOG scripts for Scene modifications.  I downloaded all the scripts of this type from here: http://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/  .  I'll submitt pics to show what I'm wanting to accomplish.  Most of the scripts have a scrolling background, Use graphical representations of the characters, Face pictures, not sprites, highlighted with a selection bar.  I figure this can be done by using the scripts provided as a reference and maybe even the scripts needed could be created from modifying one or more of these (piecing them together).  The scripts are portugese, but I was able to translate them using google translate.

The Facebook page for my game provides Many Videos of game play showing the menus and pics:

https://www.facebook.com/Q4SDiabolicGenesis?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

10952465_10206600459396059_329233899871731985_n.jpg 11149387_10206614997759509_5144775843239578914_n.jpg 11149391_10206615002759634_8801945785065559301_n.jpg

Here is a mock up of the final look I'm going for:

Save_load screen.png

Dropbox link for my game:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/myu0tq9givgwox9/Q4S_DGOOE%20BETA%202.2.3.zip?dl=0

Thanks in advance for any help for all effort anyone can afford me.

If any other info is needed,  you can email me at Tiamat5774@gmail.com or post on or message me on my game page (facebook link above)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  2. MobiusXVI

MobiusXVI Game Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Here's what I came up with. It'll let you display a background image (i.e. your mock up), and then draw the save information on top of it. Here's a pic using the mock up you posted.

[​IMG]
    Here's the script: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nzccpk0kjd3545u/Custom+Save+Scene.txt

Just copy paste it into your project, and update the configuration section. Hope you like it!

3. Tiamat5774

First Language:
    English
    I got this message when I tried to use the script:

"Script 'custom save scene' Line 211:ArgumentError occurred.

Wrong number of arguments(2 for 1)"

I copied and pasted as instructed, and entered the file names of the graphics into the configuration.  Am I doing something wrong?  Maybe script placement?

Btw I appreciate the effort you put into this.  I just hope I can get this working like it worked for you.  It looks great.  Also will this work for the load screen?

Untitled.bmp

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  4. MobiusXVI

First Language:
    English
    I added the script to your project, and I put it below all the other custom scripts but above main. It worked just fine for me. I skimmed over your other scripts and the only compatibility issue I saw was with "map wrap". To be perfectly compatible, you'll need to place map wrap below my script. So try those steps, and if it still isn't working, send me what's on Line 211 (or whichever line it says is causing an error).

5. Tiamat5774

First Language:
    English
    Are you using SDK of any version?  What is the significance of the indentation in the coding?   I did as you instructed and I'm still getting the

same error. I have an "experiment" project set aside for these kind of things.  Default scripts only, so no map wrap, and I added this script to it and still got the same error.

Line 211 is the top line in the "Script Cut". In the screen shot of code, I pointed out that the indentation gets moved about a bit.  Don't know if the

version of xp I'm using makes a difference or not.

error.png

script cut.txt

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Untitled.bmp

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  6. MobiusXVI

First Language:
    English
    Tiamat5774 likes this.
  7. Tiamat5774

First Language:
    English
    I Want to thank you, Mobius, for the great job you did.  The only issue I had was an easy one to fix.  This scripts graphics calls were aimed at the Characters (sprites) with _fc suffix, while my project was set up to call on the names of the actors.  So it couldn't find for example, "013-warrior01_fc" when it should have been looking for "Mylar_fc".  So I just made more pictures to accommodate.  It works now and looks great!  :D

MobiusXVI likes this.