Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ed Engine FR - Custom Sell Prices 1.1.1

Updated 11/16/2016

Plugin by FDSuprema(Original Post)

Download Link: EEFR_CustomSellPrices.js

This plugin requires MVCommons to be present in a project.

Now with no dependencies!

Introduction

Probably one of the most under-appreciated features of any RPG, yet generally a very important one, is the ability to sell items at shops. Obviously, it's a standard feature of nearly every RPG, as well as in RPG Maker. However, in every RPG Maker to date, it's been a fairly standardized practice, in that it just uses a price divided by 2 formula for the sell price. This script remedies that standardization and allows you to not only set your own default percent value for selling items, but even allows you to set specific sell prices with note tags.

Instructions

You can modify the default sell percentage by setting the Sell Percentage parameter with any integer value. By default this is set to 50 (percent).

The plugin parameter Bonus Variable allows you to bind a game variable to the plugin. That variable can be used to grant additional sell price bonuses to the player, increasing the final sell value by X percent, with X being the value of the variable.

You can use the plugin command CustomSellBonus +X%, CustomSellBonus -X%, or CustomSellBonus =X%(X% without the = sign works this way too,) to add X to the multiplier, subtract X to the multiplier, or set the multiplier to X, respectively. Keep in mind that the plugin command multiplier is reset every time the game is boot, while the Bonus Variable is saved with the save file.

<Sell Price: X>

Place this note-tag in the notes field of any Item, Weapon, or Armor to set the selling price of that item to X, ignoring the default sell percentage.

<Sell Percent: X>

Place this note-tag in the notes field of any Item, Weapon, or Armor to set the selling price of that item to X percent of the item's Price, ignoring the default sell percentage.

<No Sell Bonus>

Place this note-tag in the notes field of any Item, Weapon, or Armor to disable the Bonus Variable bonus OR the Plugin Command "CustomSellBonus"'s bonus when selling this item.

Terms of Use

This plugin may be freely used for commercial or noncommercial products created with RPG Maker MV. If you publish any modifications to this plugin, you are to link back here to the original publication.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joronjo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
Can I make it so that it can be altered in game by party leader, states, specific stores or equipment? Like if I wanted an accessory that increases sells price or make a pawn shop that buys things for a little extra

FDSuprema

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Joronjo

Apologies for the late response, internet access is hard to come across for me right now. Currently the plugin doesn't have those functionalities, but I'm definitely open to adding them in a future update.

Mattchaby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Great idea. What I'm looking for is a way to allow changing the percentage for all items depending on a skill or a variable (just like in Fallout for example where you rise your Barter skill level). Is that something easily feasible with your script?

FDSuprema

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The plugin has been updated to 1.1.0! Sorry for the long delay! I still have some more features I want to add, such as equippable sell bonuses and what-not, but I'm not 100% sure how to do that yet! Time to research! Here's hoping someone finds this useful. :)

jaykeith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Really enjoy this plugin, but it's worth noting that you must set an item/armor/weapon's price to at least 1 (can't leave it at 0) in order for the script calls to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takufy