Custom Sound Effects playing after animation

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I am trying to load a custom sound effect to match an animation and what I am seeing is that the sound starts AFTER the animation. It only does this with my custom sound, if i choose any of the games already made sounds it loads just fine. The size of the file is maybe 30kbs, its 4 seconds long and both ogg and ma4 formats are copied over. Any help would be appreciated

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a thought and I could be wrong but have you put the effect in an actual audio editor? If so you may see that there is a bit of gap that's disrupting the timing.

Example.png

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a thought and I could be wrong but have you put the effect in an actual audio editor? If so you may see that there is a bit of gap that's disrupting the timing.

View attachment 151033
yep, I used audacity to trim the file to get rid of the silent gaps. Thanks for the response still, appreciate it

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry that didn't work. If it's an animation that you're using in the database the only other thing I could think of is placing the SE first and then "wait" and have the animation come in after to time it. I wasn't sure if it's a custom animation or event you're using it for. But if you've trimmed it in audacity already you may have already tried this method too.
Also if you trimmed it from audacity already you'll have to save the new SE file as another name and import the new SE because it may not copy over the prior SE that's saved to your project. You may have tried these methods already too. They were things I had to figure out :(

Good luck.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found out how to use a common event in the notes using action sequence that does exactly what i want it to do. Thanks for your help

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome. Glad you were able to get it to work :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Between Rona and MZ, might as well buckle down and get serious in dev
I did it. I finish the test after 2 days 6 different subjects. Now I'm freeeeeeee
Got a nice little platform coming along backwards compatible with MV.
I'm so amazed at this ABS plugin for MV. This is a plugin that can literally fulfill my biggest game dreams, creating an Ultima VII-like game. Below is a video of a quick scenario I created to test out the plugin. The music in the video is my own composition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeverCoreCore