Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramaxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm fairly new to RPG maker VX ace and I have a question.

I installed some modern tiles (and this issue isn't just with the modern tiles, it's with pretty much every custom tileset that I use) and i've found that when i want to make a map, some of the tiles overlap each other.

If you don't understand, I have a picture: http://imgur.com/4QxqriX

The 3 highlighted parts are the problem. When I add the tiles in, the bottom of the tile above it will be included too because the box I highlight with is too big. I have another image: http://imgur.com/jAEKqnd

Is there a way to fix this? I'ts really annoying me since it makes my maps look weird. Thanks.

(Also, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. I'm still new.)

rpg problem.png

rpg maker problem 2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange. It seems the tiles are offset by a pixel or two. But I don't know why that would be happening with multiple tilesets. Do you have any scripts you are using that might affect it?

edit: I went back and tested it with the exact same tiles and had no problems. So I don't think it's within the set itself. Have you modified the tiles at all in Gimp or something?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are two possible causes for this, both happen when you place tilesheets in the wrong slots.

1) There are six different formats for tilesheets, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and the format for B - E sheets. Any tile needs to be placed into the slot it is intended for, or the tileset will not work correctly.

With shop resources, you usually get an A# as part of the filename to indicate where that tilesheet has to go into

2) It might be that the tilesheet is either for parallax mapping or from a different program - in both cases it will NOT fit into ANY slot of Ace.

And the tilesheet you presented looks like one of the parallax tilesheets...

Please tell us where you got the tilesheet, then we can tell you how to use that.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tilesheet shown is from the Modern Day pack in the store. It is not for parallax use. It is also clearly in the E slot, which should work fine.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OP either downloaded a faulty version, or lowered the tiles themselves in another program. The Modern Day Tiles work correctly on my end.

Or is using a script that would somehow mess it up? Have you tried doing this in a new project?

Paramaxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone, thanks for the quick replies. The tileset that I'm using is the Modern Day Tiles (The one you can buy off the website, steam, etc)

I will try again quickly on a new project in case it is an issue with scripts. And no, I have not edited it in any way.

EDIT: No use, I tried it on a new project, and I put the tiles in the correct place. It's just as bad.

probo.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tileset that I'm using is the Modern Day Tiles (The one you can buy off the website, steam, etc)
Can you answer Lunarea's question where specifically you purchased the tileset?
Depending on where it was purchased, there will be different download links, and Lunarea wants to check if the place you got it from has a damaged file.

Paramaxis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, so, really weird. I tried it again and randomly it started working. Literally have no idea what caused the problem, and what even got rid of it. And just so you know, I bought the tileset off of the official website.

Still, thanks everyone.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Ok, I'm glad you got it to work.

Let us know if you come across the problem again and we'll try to assist. :)

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luchio