Custom TileSets Help

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by SwarleyPilgrim, Nov 7, 2015.

1. SwarleyPilgrim

SwarleyPilgrim Internet Billionaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey guys!

i've looked all over the tutorial section of this site, and all over google itself, and I can't seem to find the answer. Changing a TileSet used to be as easy as replacing a square with a different square, then adding it back into your resources.

Now with MV, there's a text file that comes along with it, and it doesn't seem to be as simple as it once was. If anyone could help me out, that would be great! =D

I also haven't touched a maker in a very long time, so if I'm just being forgetful and dumb, feel free to let me know as well.

2. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know if perhaps I need more information as to exactly what you're trying to change, but from my experience changing/adding a tile set is nearly the same.

As in; take the sheets, copy them to the game's directory, and then specify the sheets you need for each set inside the database. The only real difference is that the Resource Manager is no more and that the files are added manually into the game's directory. For me, the "game" folder defaulted to being created in "My Documents."

Is this what you're trying to do?

3. AlecMachet

AlecMachet Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    You don't have to worry about the text files.

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    All the text files are doing is telling you what each tile is.  Not everyone knows just by looking.

AlecMachet likes this.