Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there folkies, am back to wish you all a good day, week, year and life! If you were wondering, my 2 projects are slowly growing, especially the smaller one, since I am focusing more on that. Since I still haven't dived into plugin creation, I would kindly ask a question: Is there a plugin that can customise footstep sounds for player (more importantly) and why not for events? I have encountered one but I can use only one sound for that. I require diversity to better immerse a player in the environment. Customisation would be applied based on map region most likely. Any idea for such a plugin?

Reason: I have many sound DLCs, including some footstep sounds. Quite diverse, and it would be bad if I don't use them. Problem is I don't know how to create such a plugin, and I would rather have someone help me.
Points to note:
<> player and events can have separate footstep sounds. Invisibility is something I would use in my projects, and stepping can still be heard, hence why the sounds.
<> map regions will note what sound pack to load from, since there will be multiple terrains, each requiring appropriate sounds. Right?
<> was wondering if this could be handled with an in-game script like using $gamePlayer.isMoving? or something like this and then if true load a sound file. Am not much of a fan of too many Parallel processes though XD

Thank you in advance, hugs, may you have an awesome day! Live (b)right!

Yours sincerely,
Dragos

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
In fact, the event system you didn't link here should be a simplified version of the base, which would serve as the base to customize the sound by:
  • Region to vary with type of terrain
  • Less advisable map than the previous one
  • Or by clothing, for example if the character starts wearing armor at some point in the game.
Good Luck

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In fact, the event system you didn't link here should be a simplified version of the base, which would serve as the base to customize the sound by:
  • Region to vary with type of terrain
  • Less advisable map than the previous one
  • Or by clothing, for example if the character starts wearing armor at some point in the game.
Good Luck
So you think trying through an event would be better? Common Event would be most optimised without a plugin I guess. I have the idea to create the event, I know how to but I thought a plugin to ease my work already existed. Thank you for the response! Hugs >:D<

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I didn't find any, but I believe that in both the difficulty would be almost the same, but with JavaScript it could become dynamic.

The problem is that putting multiple NPC events on a single map that play sound when walking can cause lag, depending on the player's device.

See these:
https://youtu.be/CgLCBCiiK60

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't find any, but I believe that in both the difficulty would be almost the same, but with JavaScript it could become dynamic.

The problem is that putting multiple NPC events on a single map that play sound when walking can cause lag, depending on the player's device.

See these:
https://youtu.be/CgLCBCiiK60
Thank you for the point. The movement only happens in a certain player range. Beyond that no sound.

ElCheffe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try out Yanfly's footstep sound plugin: Link
It is possible to make a setup on tilesets (which i use) or map regions.
Only problem: I don't think it differs between players and events. E.g. on a snowy path everyone would make the same kind of noise. Hope it helps anyway.

Annwfn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Romanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could try out Yanfly's footstep sound plugin: Link
It is possible to make a setup on tilesets (which i use) or map regions.
Only problem: I don't think it differs between players and events. E.g. on a snowy path everyone would make the same kind of noise. Hope it helps anyway.
Thank you awesome soul! I made a quick event based on Map Regions. It works and it uses several sounds. Designed it for the player for now and it works with command lines. Works well. Point is I also put it in a full script and it freezes. Will have to handle that.

What I seek is a system that allows me full control over what pieces of sound I use and when and where to use them. Doubt there would be souls brave enough for this madness. XD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentWoden