- Sep 24, 2015
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Night/Day System - VX Ace Clock - v. 1.0.5
This script adds a Day/Night cycle and in-game time to your VX Ace game. In addition to that it adds a customizable "clock" to your game. The so called clock is no real clock, it is more like an image used to display night and day cycle so it does not work as a clock but has a cycle of 24 hours instead. You can decide if your Night/Day cycle has an effect on your game screen. If that is your case your screen tone will automatically change whenever your day phase changes (dawn, day, dusk, night).
- In-game time.
- Tone change according to phases of the day.
- Customizable "clock".
- New $game_clock variable with various methods.
- Default script configuration for easy plug and play.
- Highly customizable.
- A lot of freedom.
This script is under the GNU General Public License v3.0. This means that:
- You are free to use this script in both commercial and non-commercial games as long as you give proper credits to me (Heirukichi) and provide a link to this page;
- You are free to modify this script as long as you do not pretend you wrote this and you distribute it under the same license as the original.
In addition I’d like to keep track of games where my scripts are used so, even if this is not mandatory, I’d like you to inform me and send me a link when a game including my script is published. As I said this is not mandatory but it really helps me and it is much appreciated.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you want to post this script somewhere else please provide a link to my website instead.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
All the images included in the demo project are licensed under the CC 4.0 BY-SA. This means that:
- you are free to use them in both commercial and non commercial games as long as proper credit is given to me (Heirukichi);
- You are free to modify them as long as you do not pretend you created the original one and you distribute the modified copy under the same license as the original.
To install the script copy/paste it below Materials. If any of the scripts you are using overwrites any of the aliased methods be sure to place this script below it. By default your Clock folder path is Graphics/Clock so be sure to have something there or to change the default path in the script configuration module to be your clock path.
Detailed instructions can be found inside the script. Be sure to follow them if you want to use this script at its full potential.
Difficulty: Easy/Medium. Using this script is easy if you stick with the basics. Since this script gives you a lot of freedom you can use it to achieve more complex things. If you want to do that the difficulty increases.
A download link to this script can be found here.
To give you a better understanding of how the script works I created a little demo. The demo uses a debug flag to speed up time so that you can see how time progresses fast enough to not be bored of it.
I created two different versions of the demo: one using the default RPG Maker VX Ace packing (the bluecube.exe), another using a 7zip archive. This is because sometimes the bluecube.exe creates troubles so if that is your case feel free to download the 7zip version and use it.
NOTE: both downloads contain the same demo. If one of them works for you do not download the other one.
WARNING: The demo serves the sole purpose of showing how the script works in a project and where to place the clock images. This is not being updated and it still uses an old version of the script. To use the current version of the script, please download it from the link above.
- Bluecube.exe - http://www.mediafire.com/file/s8q9ogd1d7u5a86/Heirukichi_Clock.exe/file
- 7zip archive - http://www.mediafire.com/file/day2cclu5wrx5lw/Heirukichi_Clock.7z/file
Credits for the demo go to:
- Enterbrain Inc. (Engine, RTP)
- Heirukichi (this script, clock images)
If you find a bug feel free to report it and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. In addition if there is any kind-hearted guy who think my default clock image is too ugly and wants to create a new one feel free to do it. I am not that much of a pixel artist.
06-26-2019 Version 1.0.5
05-02-2019 Version 1.0.4
- $game_clock.set_time now has an internal check to convert numbers into the 0-47 range. It is now possible to add extra phases to the current time using set_time, without having to worry about the new value being less than 47.
- Fixed a but that prevented the screen tint from being updated after setting a new time.
04-27-2019 Version 1.0.3
- Fixed a bug that caused screen tint to be applied regardless of TINT_ON_CHANGES value.
03-13-2019 Version 1.0.2
- It is now possible to prevent your clock from updating when $game_player is not moving.
02-04-2019 Version 1.0.1
- Modified instructions. The correct usage of the DEBUG module is now correctly explained in the instructions. Few typos in instructions have been corrected.