chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I've decided to dive back into VX ACE. I have some decent knowledge now of ruby classes and hashes and so on. But I really don't know anything about the ACE engine specifics to say the least. I know the basics for it, but nothing advanced.

I was hoping someone could make a script for advanced leveling features for actors. I was thinking it would be neat to have a attribute points pool, and when you level up, you can distribute them into whatever attribute/stat you desired. So say you wanted more agility than stamina, you would be able to be a speed freak. This would allow players to have a more customization character I would think.

The project is for a free game, and I don't really have much in terms of funding, which has been a set back in the past. I'm more than willing to learn, but it's really difficult to figure it out on my own. I could see it as being a means for eventing. Still don't know what Update methods are for really... not even Ruby tutorials explain them very well.

Basically, I am going to attempt to make a game based on my Novel, which is set to be on market sometime next year, if editing goes as planned. I have/had a top 100 best seller. and I was thinking this type of thing would aid in immersion of the game and/or book.

Any help is always welcomed. And if you wanted a book written based on a game of your creation, maybe I can arrange my schedule to do so.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests.  Resource Requests is for art and sound. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
thank you so much Chaos! I could not find it in search on my own...

that script gives me an error...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I got the pause Icon to use 6 frames instead of 4, PLUS it goes: top 1-2-3, bottom 1-2-3. And everything just by playing around with the code & i think i've figured the important parts out now <3
eUuH09A.gif

ps. the animation isn't as "wonky" in RL, stupid recording -.-
Friendly reminder: Make a back up of your project! ;3 I just did one and recognized I would have lost a week worth of work.
Why is there undo but not a redo like every other software in existence? :blink:
Chili: Evolved to taste spicy so no animal would eat them.

Humans: "Jokes on you ..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeraTremolo