Customizable Leveling System

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by chungsie, Apr 13, 2016.

1. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So I've decided to dive back into VX ACE. I have some decent knowledge now of ruby classes and hashes and so on. But I really don't know anything about the ACE engine specifics to say the least. I know the basics for it, but nothing advanced.

I was hoping someone could make a script for advanced leveling features for actors. I was thinking it would be neat to have a attribute points pool, and when you level up, you can distribute them into whatever attribute/stat you desired. So say you wanted more agility than stamina, you would be able to be a speed freak. This would allow players to have a more customization character I would think.

The project is for a free game, and I don't really have much in terms of funding, which has been a set back in the past. I'm more than willing to learn, but it's really difficult to figure it out on my own. I could see it as being a means for eventing. Still don't know what Update methods are for really... not even Ruby tutorials explain them very well.

Basically, I am going to attempt to make a game based on my Novel, which is set to be on market sometime next year, if editing goes as planned. I have/had a top 100 best seller. and I was thinking this type of thing would aid in immersion of the game and/or book.

Any help is always welcomed. And if you wanted a book written based on a game of your creation, maybe I can arrange my schedule to do so.

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests.  Resource Requests is for art and sound. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
  4. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    thank you so much Chaos! I could not find it in search on my own...

that script gives me an error...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016