Customizable TCG Scripts && Resources

Would you use such a system - if it was available?

• Total voters

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Funny you should mention 'support' actually. ;)

Everyone keeps going on about online this, and online that ~ I can do both this and that online ~ so I figured, rather than hold a kickstarter to raise funnds for this TCG project (that in reality, gives 'backers' nothing in return (not including teired rewards of course)..

Anyway ~

Over the coming months I plan to release a number of 'pay to get' systems to bring online functionality into RPG Maker.  These online systems are written in such a way that they WILL be compatible with this system.  so for anyone wondering if the TCG will have online features - you can bet your ass it will, but only for those who REALLY want them.

The best way folks could support this project right now is by purchasing said systems when I release them.

As far as I am aware though, I am not allowed to - for example - create a thread to showcase and subsiquently promote the aforementioned online systems.

Anyway, thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated.

I'm hoping to get back into the main TCG aspect of this system very soon (as im just about finished whats currently holding me down). When I do, some screenshots and such wont be far behind :)

Benjamin Kuli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
hungarian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Funny you should mention 'support' actually. ;)

Everyone keeps going on about online this, and online that ~ I can do both this and that online ~ so I figured, rather than hold a kickstarter to raise funnds for this TCG project (that in reality, gives 'backers' nothing in return (not including teired rewards of course)..

Anyway ~

Over the coming months I plan to release a number of 'pay to get' systems to bring online functionality into RPG Maker.  These online systems are written in such a way that they WILL be compatible with this system.  so for anyone wondering if the TCG will have online features - you can bet your ass it will, but only for those who REALLY want them.

The best way folks could support this project right now is by purchasing said systems when I release them.

As far as I am aware though, I am not allowed to - for example - create a thread to showcase and subsiquently promote the aforementioned online systems.

Anyway, thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated.

I'm hoping to get back into the main TCG aspect of this system very soon (as im just about finished whats currently holding me down). When I do, some screenshots and such wont be far behind :)
Even though I know such a thing is not possible (at the moment), but feel free to count me in your TCG project already. If you want, we can contact the details in private so we won't do anything that's against the rules. I actually don't care if it is free or pay to use - I'd rather pay for quality work than use a free but low quality script mass.

Also, if you need any kind of music/SFX for your demo project, we can also have a talk about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dream3r

90% Dreamer, 100% Dedicated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@■ ᴆᴈᴋᴉᴦᴀ ■

I would very much consider paying for such a system especially if it came with a whole game and good explanation of not just how you used it but other ways it could be used.  My view point is content that you can make money off of is always worth investment and even if it just ends up being a minigame you throw in a larger project, it technically is one piece that made it worth more (or less if it didn't belong there)

Personally I'd like to use it as some form of gathering lore of the world for an RPG I've been working on.  Would be cool to have concept art and story presented together in some sort of collectible or unlockable system.  Even more so if you could make a minigame out of it.

But then again I'm probably not like most people.  After filing my taxes I found I put a little over $10k into art, animation, music, and scripts for projects in RPGM (ones that are far from complete) so I may not represent the majority well.

Also I'm not sure about others but I've supported over 20 projects on Kickstarter and other sites, I haven't seen a single one get finished.  I'd be hesitant to support something like this on there unless you rolled out a little at a time.  By this I mean perhaps you have some script work done but not every feature, if you release it and update it over time I can at least implement some features in the mean time and feel I got my moneys worth.  but that's just me.

Anyways good luck on the project and keep me posted.  I'm not always on the forums but if you dm me I'll try to get back with you and if you go to Kickstarter I'll share it over on my twitter and try to rally some support (Twitter here)  Good luck!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dream3r Thanks for the comments dude. :)

Yea, not many people would have contributed so much to unfinished projects (maybe a few, but not many at all - I think). :p

As of right now, I am investigating how I can make the finance required for completing this project, via other smaller projects like this one (not yet released, just waiting on word back from some folks). Not quite sure how that will go as of yet, but will never know if I don't try, you know? :)

The reason I am leaning towards 'selling smaller projects to raise this projects funding' is partly because I wasn't really keen on the idea of asking people to back the project whilst giving them nothing in return. At least by offering something (like the online highscore system shown above) as a product, I should be able to slowly raise the funds I need (hopefully).

Also, been slowly getting various bits of art and such that I would actually consider using for certain things within this project. The main challenge with that is obtaining art that I can further sell within this project... Not easy... :/

That being said, once I have the funding ~ I already have shortlist of artists that I plan to contact :p

Additionally, I dont think I will need as much funding now as I would have when I first decided to write this system, so thats another huge bonus :D

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Dekita (your name is the hardest to tag XD)

Oh boy more php stuff.  Tried messing with that the other day and it was over my head.  I like the idea of online scores though.  Would be cool to see how you did compared to others.  (or maybe not if it shows you're in 9,000th place)

As for using smaller projects to pay for the big one, I totally get that.  I'm making the survival game in my siggy because the original project I was working on is so large I need another seven grand or so before I can start crowdfunding for it.  (It's a massive open world game in which the supporters of the project get to design most of the characters and locations that populate it...in order to make that process affordable to your average joe I need a lot of precreated assets that people can have altered to their liking rather than pay for it to be drawn and animated from scratch)

As for the artist I'm not sure what the issue would be outside of just paying for the art.  If you pay for it you own it, and if you own it you can sell it :p

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol, its only a couple symbols, surely cant be that hard?

Php is really fun to mess around with I think and the use of it opens up much more possibilities for databasing. Like ~ could hold a complete database of everything on a server if you wanted. So like, when a battle starts ~ database data is read and processed to create the troop and enemies within, along with all enemies stats and names and whatever else. :p

Yea, the thing is more, cause the art will be sold as what is essentially a resource pack. Some people want percentages and such like things. :p

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lol, its only a couple symbols, surely cant be that hard?

Php is really fun to mess around with I think and the use of it opens up much more possibilities for databasing. Like ~ could hold a complete database of everything on a server if you wanted. So like, when a battle starts ~ database data is read and processed to create the troop and enemies within, along with all enemies stats and names and whatever else. :p

Yea, the thing is more, cause the art will be sold as what is essentially a resource pack. Some people want percentages and such like things. :p
I don't see such symbols on my keyboard XD

PHP seems very useful, I was trying to use it for a press kit made by Vlambear but I couldn't understand how to setup a server for it without dedicating my computer to it :p  I'm not that techy for being a game developer

I can see that being an issue.  I was considering selling my assets later at some point but that would be an issue like you said.  (Not that splitting profits is an issue but there's eight of us on the team and it would be hard to decide who gets what and if it would be worth it)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They may not be visible on your keyboard, but they are available for usage via using your keyboard. ^_^
Even I couldn't tell you the keys you gotta press to get them though :D (search your computer for 'charmap')

'press kit'? Is this a system for rpg maker? can you send me a link or something? :D

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not RPGM related directly but a lot of devs use it for their game including Seita on the forums who made, You are NOT the Hero.  Their press kit is here.

The press kit php and explanation is found here

It's just something that helps bloggers and journalist talk about your game and share it with others.  Quite useful if you have a commercial project you want to share with everyone possible.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ahhhh, so its like a helpful media application ~ to help with the design of professional looking articles and the like. Interesting :p

I thought it was like, a 'news kit' type thing for ace, where by the latest game news was visible in game. which is another something I have planned for release soon enough... ;)

Dream3r

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh that would be super cool!  I like all your online ideas.  That massive RPG I mentioned could benefit greatly from such things.  (It's going to be a few years in the making though it seems XD)

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems likely.  Good things do usually tend to take some time.  Hell, I've been studying networking and code writing in general for years now to figure out how to bring everything I want to ace. Still not got everything, but  have most things fleshed out, so thats a start at least :D

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How is the project coming along? (been lurking on this thread for awhile). Im still trying to write my own system for the past 2 years lolz. I will throw money your way if you finish your system first and i dont have to work that hard hahaha.

Keep up the hard work y'all.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sigh..  My laptop died a while back and I lost the project entirely - I have not yet restarted it, and am likely going to wait until MV is available and write it for that - I think having it as a mobile game would allow for a much friendlier playing environment for this kind of game.. So yea.. After MV, this is what I will be working on - after the standard statistic systems of course :D

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have long been wanting something like this as an avid TCG player and to see someone with your talent and skill working on it fills me with optimism.

I was actually just thinking of requesting something like this; actually, If you have the time, I'd like to discuss something of this nature with you; not necessarily TCG-designing but scripting in general. Would you be open for a small discussion in PM?

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, as mentioned, I'm not working on it right now, but thats only cause of project loss and MV announcement :D And Sure - PM away :)

Chiakscare

Resident Tifaholic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So it is; then I eagerly await when this develops further!

I have also PM'd you.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ooh sucks! I hate when that happens! I had a crash too and went rage table after i finally figured out the damn random skill draw (I'm faking the system using skills and manipulating images/animations) and I FORGOT TO WRITE IT DOWN. (had a flash of inspiration. bah)

My ruby coding still sucks so I'm eventing the hell out of things (wut lolz).

I also can't wait for MV to come out. After tinkering with IG maker and GG Maker and Game Maker and hating the complexity (and rewriting my games. I just want a damn RDK because i'm doing the work of 15 people. who really has time hardcoding for android yeesh).

Still, you'll probably get your TCG engine out before I get mine finished. So let us know when you do. I haz monies. :3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:
If anyone here is looking for another high-potential RPGMaker game--besides She Dreams Elsewhere--be sure to follow Lawmage Academy. Good social media presence will take that game far.
Lol, I was about to write a small tutorial and realized it would belong to the MZ section ....that does not exist yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bektos