Broliant112

The Emo One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(Note: I'm unaware if I'm posting in the correct category, so I apologize if it is incorrect.)

I've been looking for quite some time and I don't see any VX Ace plugins that allow main menu customization. If someone could point me toward one this would greatly help.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Requests. Thank you.

For future reference, Resource Requests is for image/audio stuff, not scripts. :kaohi:

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is very vague, what are your plans with it? The default code for the menu-scenes in RPGVXAce is built customization-friendly by itself already (for programmers at least, and by that I don't mean experts, but people with a bit interest in learning how to use Ruby), which was a big step from the base they offered with RPGXP/VX before.

~炬燵あ

Broliant112

The Emo One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is very vague, what are your plans with it? The default code for the menu-scenes in RPGVXAce is built customization-friendly by itself already (for programmers at least, and by that I don't mean experts, but people with a bit interest in learning how to use Ruby), which was a big step from the base they offered with RPGXP/VX before.

~炬燵あ
I would like to have something that is similar to Stagnated in Slumber's main menu, and I am fully aware this was created in a different RPG Maker engine. Changing the position of start menu buttons and adding new ones accompanied by an animation and highlight to indicate the button being hovered over would be preferred. I am open to learning Ruby if it is necessary but I would appreciate it if there were a script already made for such a modification. (Example attached below.)
263D5721-49D0-4A3F-8F90-9BD96A18929F.jpeg

EntangledPear

Previously No Patience (now patient enough)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Slovak
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so I looked at where to modify the settings. Go to Tools->Script editor->Window_TitleCommand and there you can adjust the width and position of the window with New Game/Continue etc commands. You can also disable some commands or add new ones there (but I haven't done that, so not sure how to add them exactly, and where else they'll need to be mentioned).

You can change what the commands are called in Tools->Database->Terms (e.g. instead of New Game you'll have Start or something).

You'll also have to do the modifications in Scene_Title (also visible in the screenshot below). I don't know where you'd add animations when a command is selected, or make it just highlighted instead of the default graphic showing which command you're on. Maybe go through the Window_(something) scripts and you'll see something there (or someone will help you here).

I hope this gets you started, sorry I can't be more help.

title window 1.jpg

Also, I have volume control in title menu, and that is added in the volume control script (by Rutan) like this, maybe it will help:

title volume control.jpg

Broliant112

The Emo One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
OK, so I looked at where to modify the settings. Go to Tools->Script editor->Window_TitleCommand and there you can adjust the width and position of the window with New Game/Continue etc commands. You can also disable some commands or add new ones there (but I haven't done that, so not sure how to add them exactly, and where else they'll need to be mentioned).

You can change what the commands are called in Tools->Database->Terms (e.g. instead of New Game you'll have Start or something).

You'll also have to do the modifications in Scene_Title (also visible in the screenshot below). I don't know where you'd add animations when a command is selected, or make it just highlighted instead of the default graphic showing which command you're on. Maybe go through the Window_(something) scripts and you'll see something there (or someone will help you here).

I hope this gets you started, sorry I can't be more help.

View attachment 237973

Also, I have volume control in title menu, and that is added in the volume control script (by Rutan) like this, maybe it will help:

View attachment 237975
This is very helpful, thank you! I know how to add command windows btw :D

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes I wonder why I still try and recruit others to help with my games. It never works.
ScreenShot_10_3_2022_4_27_17.png
welp, thanks to Luna MV, I was able to add the Balloon as a window... thus allowing me to edit the font color and outline... so now it looks like comic bubbles above characters. I have NO idea why I couldn't get this to work through more conventional means, but here we are.
CUTE CUTE CUTE.gif
I cannot cease doing cute art
War and Wonder is a 100% choice-based open-world visual novel.
1664821313732.png
1664821466359.png
1664821547746.png
Going live soon on Twitch, and will continue Fortunastreet's game "Verloren". For those who are curious, you are welcome to join ;)

-> Franz' Twitch channel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyzerKiba