Customizing Command Windows

Exp Devourer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello and I will say this before anything else. As this has happened to me three times now. I made an effort to put this post like the last two in the area I believed it was meant to go. So if this is in the wrong place, do not assume its out of defiance or ignorance, more so out of confusion due to the massive size and structure of the forums themselves. If its in the wrong place, just move it.

Now with that out of the way, to the point. I looked around on the forums, in this particular section and couldn't find what I was looking for, so I made this post. What I wanted to ask was, is there a way to customize the command windows, primarily the one on the Title Screen. (Aside from the background color of the box and text) like the borders of the command window, stretching the box to allow longer text, or just remove it altogether to lets say remove all but one command, take away the * New_Game, Continue, and Shutdown * and replace it with   Press_Enter, or Start/Shift  etc  and have it go into a Splash Screen or something of that like that has the commands for New Game, Continue, and Shut down, basically a jump from the title screen to another with the commands?

Is it possible? If not I would settle with just being able to alter the look of the command box and lengthen the text a little. I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace.

Any help is appreciated. :)

P.S. I have looked through the tutorials (not all of them, there is a lot) but none addressed the issues I am having problems with. I am fairly proficient with most of the commands that come with the game, with the exception of the Region Tool, haven't used that yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't have to worry about posting in the wrong area as long as you try to learn what's for what - we moderators will simply move it if you guessed wrong.

As it happens, what you want can only be done by scripts - there is no way to do this by default, especially not in VX Ace. And VX Ace uses RGSS3, so

I've moved this thread to RGSS3 Script Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please check the master script list for Ace - you can find it linked at several places, including the tutorial "how to use a script" in my signature.

There are already several existing scripts for a splash screen, but the restructuring of the title menu will probably require a specific script written for you.

MeowFace

Meow
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Meowish
Primarily Uses

Exp Devourer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the replies, I'll check those out. I would have answered sooner but I suffer from Divinci Syndrome, try to do too many projects at once and rarely finish anything! Lol...at any rate I will check those out and see if any fits what I'm trying to do. Basically what I was going for is the commands for Dragon Warrior, not to copy the game, that has been done to death from what I've seen. Just the command windows, the little transition to the battles that sort of thing. The rest of it, won't be much like it at all, just the commands and little things like that. I'll let you all know if your scripts and links fixed it though, the game is coming along nicely, once its finished I'll post a download link or whatever for everyone. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People3_1 and People3_2 added!

Part 2 of my Audio Engine tutorial for MZ is out!
Come join our stream starting at 2pm and win cool stuff! :D
Star citizen just announced they will develop a roadmap for their planned roadmap...
And i thought i needed order on my project... :kaoswt2:
Big City Greens had it right:
"Always back up your brain game, that's what I like to say!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reeman326