Customizing the text that appears when a skill is used in battle

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to customize the little text box that pops up when you use a skill in battle? I'm using Yanfly battle engine core. I want to make it so that the skill name appears in a normal text box just like any other window in the game, instead of this special grey banner. First pic is Yanfly's default behaviour, second is a mockup of what I'd like to happen. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
pic1.JPGpic2.jpg

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: I figured it out. I'll post the solution here in case anyone else wants to do the same thing.
So first of all, that message at the top of the screen is called the 'battle log'.

First, go to Yanfly's BattleEngineCore plugin and find the 'startAction' function for the battle log. In that function, add the line "this.opacity=255". This will tell it to draw the (invisible) window for the battle log, which is created by windows.js.

Go to rpg_windows.js and find the Window_Battlelog section. Notice that it's already being drawn, it just has its opacity initialized to 0. Go to the function 'performActionEnd' and add a line at the end of it that says "this.opacity=0". Finally, remove the rectangle that the game normally draws by going to the function "backPaintOpacity" and telling it to return 0.

In my picture, I've also changed the width of the window to half its usual length in the initialization function, so it doesn't take up the whole screen. I might try modifying it further so that it grows or shrinks depending on the amount of text it needs to draw, but I'm not sure which looks better at the moment. Anyway, you can consider this issue resolved.

sucess.JPG

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Im free today . finally have some time to continue coding . yes!
Regret that I wasn't able to actually finish my igmc entry in time for the actual igmc. Will probably just offload it as a standalone thing.
I'm a master in procrastination and have finally decided to educate people in this art in a seminar in Calais. Please don't come. I won't be there.
Testing some of my custom battlers (they're all trash, sorry).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enivlens