Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! :)

If possible, could someone help me create a cute little birdy creature for my game?

Resource Type: Overworld character sprite

Maker Format: VxAce (although MV is fine too)

Art Style: RTP (Chibi) style

Description: I'd like to make an adorable bird monster. It'd be based moreso on a chick opposed to a full grown bird. I'm afraid I don't know a color scheme yet, I was thinking yellow (as seen in the references), but feel free to deviate from this if you find that another color looks better. As for size, despite being based off a chick, I'd ideally have it fill most the vxace 32x32 size sprite (if your not sure what I mean by this, I mean that I don't want it to be tiny like the RTP slime). Other than that, I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but I want it to look "mascot-y". I really don't know how to put it into words, but take a look at the references below. Something about them just screams "mascot". Perhaps it's their relative simplicity?

References: I'm looking to make something similar to a Rappy from Phantasy Star. They're these cute little bird creatures. Here's a few reference pictures of the little cuties. As a note, the first three are baby rappies, while the last image is the grown-up variation, which I thought I'd toss in for reference.

As a note, I'm not necessarily looking to outright copy it. I'm really open to suggestions on appearance, as I'm not quite sure what all would transfer well into an Ace size sprite.

Thank you!

Last edited:

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you think of something like this? (I borrowed his hair/feather tuft from one of the characters in Actor5.)
cute_bird_anim.gif
If you're happy with the general look, I'll try to finish the other directions this weekend.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you think of something like this? (I borrowed his hair/feather tuft from one of the characters in Actor5.)
View attachment 63036
If you're happy with the general look, I'll try to finish the other directions this weekend.
Hey, thanks for helping out with my request! :)

I'm really liking the design so far. The only thing I really want to point out is the head. Something about it just strikes me as a little bit too human-like. (which makes sense, seeing as the head is from a human). I'm not quite sure what i'd say to change it, though. Perhaps the hair?

Also, since you'll be doing the back/side soon, can I put in a little request. I think it'd be really cute if it had a little duck-tail ruffle.

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid I overestimated my amount of free time, so sorry it's taking a bit longer than expected :kaoswt: I'm still working on the front sprite - I changed the head shape, gave it only two feathers sticking up, and experimented a bit with accessories to make it look more "mascot-y". These are the designs I have so far (too lazy to export the animation...):
cute_bird_simple.pngcute_bird_bow.png cute_bird_ribbon.png
And yes, I'll include a cute duck-tail once I get to the sideview :smile:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm afraid I overestimated my amount of free time, so sorry it's taking a bit longer than expected :kaoswt: I'm still working on the front sprite - I changed the head shape, gave it only two feathers sticking up, and experimented a bit with accessories to make it look more "mascot-y". These are the designs I have so far (too lazy to export the animation...):
View attachment 63301View attachment 63299 View attachment 63300
And yes, I'll include a cute duck-tail once I get to the sideview :smile:
Oh my goodness, they're adorable! :kaoluv:

They look a lot more natural now, and I love the cute little accessories!

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a bunch, they're so cute!:kaopride:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Rpg MZ looking good! Not much of a fan of the graphics for world tiles, but love the changes for sprites and movement preview!
Before I am done with even one game, I am going to need Psychiatric assistance after doing all these sprites!
Still I am improving, Spriting not mental fortitude.
It's still early days, and I was going to keep this under wraps until development is a bit further along, but I'm just so damn proud of how robust the integrity-checking in this plugin is that I have to share it.
Do you think the new RPG Maker MZ has support for Android devices ?
JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdamEternal