Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello^^

I've been trying to make an anime-styled cutscene animation since some time now, but I've come across a certain problem every time: The animation is just too laggy.

(Example of what I mean: http://blackrosemii.deviantart.com/art/Yet-another-animation-test-523561903 )

I'm using Sai (for drawing) and Gimp (for animation) and the number of frames for each shot are around 15 (I don't know if that helps)

So, what I want to ask now, is how to make it more fluently. If there's someone who can help me with that problem, I'd be really happy ^^

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hmmm... what's the frame rate (frames per second) you're using?

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unfortunately, that's something I don't know, so I don't know how to check it ^^°

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not an expert but if you have in GIMP show each frame every 0.2 seconds then you'd have 5 frames per second. It's just math xD! Reducing this number would make it look more 'alive' and not so 'laggy' but you'd need to draw more frames in return.

My signature is kinda laggy too, isn't it xP ?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I see Oo I actually thought having a frame for about 0.2 seconds would be enough XD Okay, I'll try reducing the seconds next time^^

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Kyuukon, red is a moderator only color, please don't use it.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for animation this depends how many frame you will use  a mouth animation and eyes animation can be done at 3 frame pers second

you can download sai animation assistant who work with png and this permit to control the animation like you want and this free!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pswpsw