Cutscene(Event) places player in boat when done?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How can I make it so that after my cut scene the player is in a boat on the world map?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is what the event command "get on/off vehicle" is for.
however you need to know that the command only replaces the "enter" command itself, so it only works if the vehilce and the player are in a position and facing where entering the vehicle is possible.
Your cutscene has to position the boat and the player correctly before using that command.

Pandappuccino

Depressed Panda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like Andar said, you'll need the "Get On/Off Vehicle" command and to put the character on the boat. Your safest bet would be to use the "Fade Out" command to fade the screen to black, then move the character adjacent to the boat, then use the "Get On/Off Vehicle" command to place them. Then just "Fade In" and you should be set.

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
that is what the event command "get on/off vehicle" is for.
however you need to know that the command only replaces the "enter" command itself, so it only works if the vehilce and the player are in a position and facing where entering the vehicle is possible.
Your cutscene has to position the boat and the player correctly before using that command.
Great thanks! I found that command but wasnt sure how to use it. I fade-out then place a boat and my player next to it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally! I've been puzzling over why it wasn't working for two days now. Turns out all of my calculations were correct, I just forgot to give some events hitboxes. :kaoswt: Now my randomly generated maps check for collision errors, and move stuff around in real time if they finds any. :LZSexcite:
Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry90