Cutscene(Event) places player in boat when done?

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How can I make it so that after my cut scene the player is in a boat on the world map?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is what the event command "get on/off vehicle" is for.
however you need to know that the command only replaces the "enter" command itself, so it only works if the vehilce and the player are in a position and facing where entering the vehicle is possible.
Your cutscene has to position the boat and the player correctly before using that command.

Pandappuccino

Depressed Panda
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Like Andar said, you'll need the "Get On/Off Vehicle" command and to put the character on the boat. Your safest bet would be to use the "Fade Out" command to fade the screen to black, then move the character adjacent to the boat, then use the "Get On/Off Vehicle" command to place them. Then just "Fade In" and you should be set.

Icenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
that is what the event command "get on/off vehicle" is for.
however you need to know that the command only replaces the "enter" command itself, so it only works if the vehilce and the player are in a position and facing where entering the vehicle is possible.
Your cutscene has to position the boat and the player correctly before using that command.
Great thanks! I found that command but wasnt sure how to use it. I fade-out then place a boat and my player next to it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SosukeTheBro