Cutscene Help

AtomicBrony

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to make a cutscene where one of the party members stays behind but when the player is about to leave town, the party member stops them and tags along.

What I need help with is how to make the party member sprite appear only after a text message appears. You don't want the sprite to be seen when you're walking to the entrance, of course. So I need a way to have the transparency of the event turn off after the text message is shown.

bbaallppeenn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
So you want something like "Jake left the party"?

Try using switches and "Change party member"

kerbonklin

Hiatus King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can just have a parallel process event with the character-sprite on standby needing a switch, which would be turned on by a player-touch event tile at the town exit when you want that character to appear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So is this solved?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make a cutscene where one of the party members stays behind but when the player is about to leave town, the party member stops them and tags along.

What I need help with is how to make the party member sprite appear only after a text message appears. You don't want the sprite to be seen when you're walking to the entrance, of course. So I need a way to have the transparency of the event turn off after the text message is shown.
you need to use either switches or variables, and condition the "left behind" party member to one of those switches and variables, so that it only appears after the actor left the party (you have to place the control switch command next to the leave party), and disappears after the transfer event triggers the actor back into the party.

A parallel process is not neccessary for this, if you place the control switch commands on the correct event sequences.

AtomicBrony

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Exactly how would I set up the event so that the sprite appears when the player touches a certain square and isn't visible until then.

As it is now, the event's sprite can still be seen in the location it is. I want to change this so that players that walk around town won't see it until the event when the player is about to leave town plays.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exactly how would I set up the event so that the sprite appears when the player touches a certain square and isn't visible until then.

As it is now, the event's sprite can still be seen in the location it is. I want to change this so that players that walk around town won't see it until the event when the player is about to leave town plays.
you need to condition the page with the sprite graphics to a switch that will only become ON when the player is about to leave the town.

If the condition for an event is not yet fulfilled, then the event will not be visible

If you don't know how to correct that, please post screenshots of the sprite event and of the leaving event, and we can tell you how to correct them.

AtomicBrony

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
you need to condition the page with the sprite graphics to a switch that will only become ON when the player is about to leave the town.

If the condition for an event is not yet fulfilled, then the event will not be visible

If you don't know how to correct that, please post screenshots of the sprite event and of the leaving event, and we can tell you how to correct them.
I'm not quite sure how to condition it like that. Could you be a bit more detailed about that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not quite sure how to condition it like that. Could you be a bit more detailed about that?
You need to define a switch for that and have the event page conditioned on that switch. That switch is then controlled by the event that detects the player leaving.

That is basic eventing - if you don't know how to use conditions and switches, I suggest that you do some tutorials on them.

Follow the link in my signature to the most important examples and tutorials.

vision_bond

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Em... excuse me, but in the demo project that i provided you the basic event is already done.
Is that not enough to explain how it works?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloud8111