Inmento Riku

Angel of Darkness/Demon of Light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
So I've finished with the intro cutscene, well pretty much I just need to finish the options for Chris and Alara, and it keeps looping. I have break loops in with every choice but I think I missed something.

I'll be adding my event/cutscene into the spoiler below so if anyone could check it out and tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd highly appreciate it. 

Cutscene

Cutscene1.png Cutscene2.jpg Cutscene3.jpg Cutscene4.jpg

So as you can see from those photos something is making it loop everytime. 

Last edited by a moderator:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is your page 2 triggered by the Self-switch A?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why do you need all those exit event processing commands?  If you have set up your choices correctly, choosing one will send you to the new map, and nothing else will happen on the old one.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I recall right, exit event processing will stop the event right then and there, so it never gets the chance to set self switch A. Try deleting the exit event processing command completely, and just put the set self switch A on at the end. Provided your page 2 is set to run with self switch A on and is blank, it will stop looping automatically at that point.

Inmento Riku

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Is your page 2 triggered by the Self-switch A?
Yes it is.

Why do you need all those exit event processing commands?  If you have set up your choices correctly, choosing one will send you to the new map, and nothing else will happen on the old one.
I was trying to see what would end the loop.

If I recall right, exit event processing will stop the event right then and there, so it never gets the chance to set self switch A. Try deleting the exit event processing command completely, and just put the set self switch A on at the end. Provided your page 2 is set to run with self switch A on and is blank, it will stop looping automatically at that point.
Page 2 is set up with self-switch A. And thanks. I'll try that, see if it worked, and then marked this as solved if it worked, else I'll respond again and tell you what happened.

Inmento Riku

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
So I took out the exit event like you said, however now it just stays at a black-screen. 

Did I do something wrong? (PS I only tested with choice 'Shylo')

Edit 1: So apparently it isn't transferring character to the specified location after the cutscene...I think I need to add a transfer command. 

Edit 2: So it turns out I should get rid of the transfer commands within the Choice options and I forgot to fade-in and fix transparency. Fixed it now...so thanks everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.
Praise be to the game make!
I need help on what I should add to this fighter game.
Should I add:
Rain
Sleet
Snow
Leaves
Wind
If you can come up with anything else let me know.
Final day of the kickstarter campaign and my team and I decide to cap it off by doing ... musical numbers online.

These are clearly definitely My People.
6 hours and 35 minutes until it is December first here :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lnaunboq