LightDiviner

That Guy With Lots of Ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
OK, so, I'm trying to make a cutscene in RPG Maker 2K3, however, there seems to be no, "Wait until action is finished" command like in later installments. Is there one and I'm missing it, or will I have to just use the "Wait" command every single time for the right amount of seconds each time?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]RM2K3 Support[/move]
Tech-support is for getting editors to run.

I suggest you give us a screenshot of your event, then we can better tell you how to correct it.

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
lZlpHnX.png

If yes, there really is not. But, despite being more laborious, using the "Wait" command will give you more control over the event. I, in particular, use out of the motion command, like this:

CcWdAt5.png
TgyUhKd.png

LightDiviner

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
[move]RM2K3 Support[/move]
Tech-support is for getting editors to run.

I suggest you give us a screenshot of your event, then we can better tell you how to correct it.
The problem is having to always use wait. I remember when I used VX Ace Lite, and had the ability to have the movements wait to be finished before it did other things.

Capture.PNG

LightDiviner

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
lZlpHnX.png

If yes, there really is not. But, despite being more laborious, using the "Wait" command will give you more control over the event. I, in particular, use out of the motion command, like this:

CcWdAt5.png
TgyUhKd.png
Darn it....I miss VX Ace Lite.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem is having to always use wait. I remember when I used VX Ace Lite, and had the ability to have the movements wait to be finished before it did other things.

There is that option on RM2k3 too. It's right below Set Move Route... Wait for All Movement.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Darn it....I miss VX Ace Lite.
RM2K3 is (obviously) from 2003, which means it is 14 years old. Ace was published six years ago, with RMXP and RMVX being two generations between that.
And of course each generation of RMs tried to improve on the previous generation...

LightDiviner

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
RM2K3 is (obviously) from 2003, which means it is 14 years old. Ace was published six years ago, with RMXP and RMVX being two generations between that.
And of course each generation of RMs tried to improve on the previous generation...
Yeah I know. 2003 was super cheap during the Sale and was the only one I was able to afford.

There is that option on RM2k3 too. It's right below Set Move Route... Wait for All Movement.
Thank fudge.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another thumb update. The nail is beginning to break away, along with the aforementioned hard and blackened dead skin. The final join has regained some of its flexibility, tho it's a bit stiff after being held still for so long. The very tip of my thumb has a strange dry and somewhat tingly feeling to it when I touch it to something, but at least it isn't numb. I am so ready for this to be over. :o
Can I get away with calling a "shortsword" a dagger and not a sword?
So here's the full cycles, I'm not so familiar with actually animating and giving motion so any observation on that matter would be really helpful! :kaoswt:
EfGHbLh.gif

Just now I realized I didn't scale it up so its smol...
I wanna make a YouTube video about reviewing a game, but I don't know what RPG Maker game I should play...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kijkmk