Cutscene Skip

Rylix

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Engloish
Primarily Uses
I simply cannot get it to work. It's a great idea though and it may just be an incompatibility issue with the other scripts I have. An ability to choose which button to use to skip would be best. I didn't even know ctrl was an active button in RPG maker vx ACE until I saw it mentioned in your script.

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I have some issues with this script, It seems like it won't register movement of events if they are not set to (wait for completion), after the cutscene is skipped my events are appearing in the wrong area (2 of the characters shall lie on the ground at a specific location, but they end up on another part of the map if I skip the cutscene) I think you mentioned that with the conditional branch usage, but how would I go around this to display the events at the correct location? And will items gain, and switches be triggered even if the cutscene is skipped?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out, I just put the event location for my events inside the conditional branch and now everything is working as it should! Great script!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ikari

Noir Spiral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
http://i.imgur.com/DZNUns1.png

For some reason, that keeps happening. I left the conditional branch blank to see if it would work, but nothing would happen. Could anybody mind showing me how they did theirs? (How they did the skip option.)

Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, that keeps happening to me, too.

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
http://i.imgur.com/DZNUns1.png

For some reason, that keeps happening. I left the conditional branch blank to see if it would work, but nothing would happen. Could anybody mind showing me how they did theirs? (How they did the skip option.)
All you have to do is the following:

put a label: CUTSCENE_START (At the start of the cutscene)

then a label: CUTSCENE_END (to the point of the event you want it to skip to)

Below the Cutscene End label you put a conditional branch with the following script: cutscene_skipped?

and inside of this conditional branch you input everything that you want to happen if the player skip the cutscene (move events, fade in screen, weather effects etc).

Make sure that you have the script: TDS Instant event command as well. As this script won't work well without it.

Here's how I set it up in my very first cutscene:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_game_dev