Cutscene skip

Etienne Vallée

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi scripters, hope you are all going well!

Let's get on topic : I've looked for a way to skip a cutscene, but can't find any on RPG Maker MV. The intro of my game (Right after selecting "new game") takes about 2 minutes and is fun to watch, but long.

So is there a way to make a cutscene skippable? Like by pressing a certain button? 

I'm sure many could benefit from this pluggin. Being able to skip a cutscene is usefull. If a boss is really hard and the player has to restart often, he will get bored to watch the cutscene again and again.

Searching the web, I found this : Cutscene skip make any scene skippable and this : Divisionheaven. They were made for RPG Maker Ace and seems to be doing what I want.

Needs : 

- When specific button is pressed, a semi-transparent screen appears asking if the user want to skip the scene

cutscene.png

- Audio fade in

- Events are positioned as they should be if the scene was not skipped

- Variables and switches are set as they would be if the scene was not skipped

- Pluggin commands to tell the game when the scene start and when it ends 

cskip.png

I know this is not an easy task, but it would make a great plugin! 

Thanks for your time!

Yappy Monoxide

The Yappiest Yap Yapp you will ever Yap
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can't you just bring up some text saying "Would you like to watch the introduction?" Then bring up a yes and no option. If yes, let them watch it. If no, let them skip to the point where they can start playing. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Etienne Vallée

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can't you just bring up some text saying "Would you like to watch the introduction?" Then bring up a yes and no option. If yes, let them watch it. If no, let them skip to the point where they can start playing. 

That's a good idea for the introduction, thanks!

Though I still think it could be useful before boss fights and to skip a really long cutscene. Sure, you can ask before, but that would break the rythm of the game.

willoneill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
+1 to this! I would love to see an MV version of this plugin, or an updated version of one of the ones made for earlier versions of RPG Maker.

I have *tons* of long conversations and monologues in my game that I would love to be able to skip while I'm in development. 

If you believe you could make this plugin and want to make a few bucks, PM me. Would be happy to make it materially worth your while. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

supersoft2

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
1) Sorry for my English of google. 2) Did you try to enter a code so that at certain moments of the video if you press X key, it will be skipped? You can warn about this (press X key on long videos) at the beginning of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We'll be doing another giveaway of MZ on the stream tomorrow! Thank you SykoGaming for contributing a copy for the community! :D
Sorry guys! Been away for long this time. Got attacked by my anxieties again. At least no more bedbugs. Got logged out of here and layout seems strange now a bit.
My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memakegamemekillminority