cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It's in one of the engine scripts. Maybe look at the one for graphics? I'll check later when I have a moment.

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Cool, hopefully you could figure something out.

Last edited:

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
OK, I removed your script but the game is still lagging when I test play it in Steam. I think the problem might be Steam itself after all and not your script... only the Steam build lags like this, since the out-of-Steam version works normally o_O

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
In the "Scene_Base" script, find the method "update_basic", and add a call to "SteamUserStatsLite.instance.update" somewhere (at the beginning or end of the method is fine), and see if it helps.

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've got another report from someone, and they also say it doesn't seem to matter whether the script is present. Could you tell me the processor, OS, and graphics card of the computer you're testing your game on?

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Intel Core i5-3350P CPU 3.10 Ghz
Windows 10
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Intel Core i5-3350P CPU 3.10 Ghz
Windows 10
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

Sorry for asking this after almost a month, but Labyr...are you using the "Language File System" script, by any chance? Or which others scripts are you using? Maybe we can find the one messing with the performance...Thanks!

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
It turned out that the video script he was using caused problems with the Steam Overlay. The overlay times out a while after the video plays and starts spamming log writes to disk, which severely degrades performance.

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
It turned out that the video script he was using caused problems with the Steam Overlay. The overlay times out a while after the video plays and starts spamming log writes to disk, which severely degrades performance.

Do you remember which video script was he using? I think I'm on the same boat XD Thanks!

cyanic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Zeus Video Player IIRC

FWIW, you can probably ask Valve to disable the overlay and continue using your video script. The overlay doesn't work properly on VX Ace anyway.

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Really? Thanks! I'll try that, I think I can disable the overlay for the game on the steamwork platform...however I want to test if it's working for me without that script before contacting Valve. XD

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for this :D

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for this! I had an old project I wanted to release as a free game and I didn't want to deal with steam achievements and stuff. This script is great and has been stickied! I can't believe I missed this before.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The full estate map(include 1F,2F,3F and backyard), yes the backyard is a small labyrinth as well as an entrance to a real labyrinth!
Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grazzok