Cycle party leader at the push of a button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddlebuns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need a way of cycling which party member is the leader with a simple button press, either with events or a script. By the way, if it helps to know, I have player followers disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you mean when you're on the map and you want to switch the avatar, you'll probably need a script, unless you want to run a parallel process on every map (probably possible in that case).

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can have one parallel process common event that has a conditional branch which uses the script condition

Input.trigger?(key symbol here)

Like for example

Input.trigger?:)A)

-means to check if the SHIFT button is pressed

Then if that button is triggered, cycle thru the members...

Cuddlebuns

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That's perfect. Thank you!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll have to have a parallel process calling that common event on every map though.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll have to have a parallel process calling that common event on every map though.
NOPE. If you set the common event as a parallel common event, you dont need to call it. It will run continuously on its own, on every map.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GameDevJohn