oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to do some parallax mapping with the Cyclone Maps plugin and I'm running into issues with getting fogs to work.

Ground and Parallax settings work fine. Both image types appear without any issue at all. It seems to only be fogs that are the issue.

I put the <FogName: fog6> (the name of the .png file) in the map notes and I don't get an error but nothing actually appears on the map.

Is anyone else having this problem, or know of any fixes?

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still hoping to figure out this issue. I've tried creating a completely fresh game with only the cyclone plugin, but I still can't get fogs to work.

Here's the link to the test game if anyone wants to take a look and let me know what I may be screwing up:

The plugin mentioned that it was okay to tag @Hudell for help, hopefully I'm just messing up somewhere.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you make a sample project with the error so I can check what the issue is?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@oriongates I think you need to remove the (1) after CycloneMaps.js because it needs
the same name, so remove the (1) behind it and it should work, if not, he find a way to fix it :)

if you did not make any typo's (I cant check the demo of not having rmmz)

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried that out, but unfortunately it looks like it still isn't working.

I should mention that the other overlays are working fine. Ground and Para overlays appear and work normally (haven't tried light or shadow yet), it's just fogs that are giving me the problem.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's a bug on the plugin, it doesn't work if you don't set a switch Id to control the fog. I'll fix it soon. (Just setting a Fog Switch Id on the params will make it work).

@oriongates I think you need to remove the (1) after CycloneMaps.js because it needs
the same name, so remove the (1) behind it and it should work, if not, he find a way to fix it :)

if you did not make any typo's (I cant check the demo of not having rmmz)
All Cyclone Plugins will ignore the file name, so having the (1) on it will not be a problem.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That worked! That's a relief, thanks for the assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiderers