- Oct 2, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Java's Crypt
- Primarily Uses
This plugin combines several of my MV plugins into a single one.
- Parallax Mapping
- Change Tile Size and Tileset Location
- Region Names
- Region Common Events
- Region Collision
- Disable Auto Shadows
- Disable Tilemap
- Change Balloons and Animations Z Index
- Call a Common Event whenever the map changes
- More to come
You can use this plugin to add overlay images to your maps (it works in the same way that OrangeOverlay works on MV).
You can keep the images either on the img/parallaxes folder or (if you set the Organized Folders param to true) on separate folders like this:
All image filenames must end with the number of the map
- <all>: Display all overlays
- <ground>: Display ground overlay
- <par>: Display parallax overlay
- <light>: Display light overlay
- <shadow>: Display shadow overlay
- <fogName:filename>: Display the specified fog image
- <fogOpacity:number>: Change the opacity level of the fog image (0 to 255)
- <fogBlend:number>: Changes the blend type of the fog image
- <fogDuration:number>: Changes the duration of the opacity transition
- <xMove:number>: Changes the horizontal speed of the fog
- <yMove:number>: Changes the vertical speed of the fog
You can use variable numbers on the notetags by adding a $ symbol before the value
There are also some plugin commands to change those parameters.
Change Tile Size and Tileset Location
This plugin includes parameters to change the tile width, tile height and tileset location. Those changes will only affect the game, not the MZ editor, so to make use of it you'll have to either:
- Create a copy of the tilesets resized to 48x48 so you can use them in the editor
- Do your mapping in a custom map editor such as Cyclone Live Map Editor
You can configure a different name for each region and it will display this name every time the player enters said region. There's also a separate setting to determine if the name should stay on the screen while the player is above the region or if it can fade out.
Region Common Events
You can also configure the plugin to run common events when you step on specific regions. Just use the "Region Based Common Events" param to map each region to an event and they'll run automatically. Please note that the same event can run multiple times if the player continues to step on the same region over and over, so adjust your common events accordingly. They'll always run in parallel so movement will not be blocked.
You can also configure regions to block or unblock the movement of the player, events or both.
Disable Auto Shadows
A simple param can completely disable rendering of shadows on your maps.
If you use parallax mapping for your whole game, you can use this parameter to stop rendering the regular maps, improving your game's performance.
Change Balloons and Animations Z Index
To go along with the extra Z indexes used by the parallax mapping, you can change the balloons and animations to a different layer.
Call a Common Event whenever the map changes
A simple parameter to call a common event every time the player moves between maps.
More to come
Download it here.