Cyclone Maps - Overlay, Tile Size, Region Names, Region Collision and a lot more

CoopNinjask

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not in this version. If you explain what you would like to do I may add those options.
I don't have much experience with parallax myself so I don't know what people actually use or not.
I created a day and night system and would like the parallaxes to change smoothly from one to the other.
For example: It is night and it was 6 am, so the parallax would change smoothly to the parallax of the day.

I've done this before in the MV, but I depend on these 2 features: layers and opacity.
This way, I can fade a parallax while switching to the other.

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Region Collision

You can also configure regions to block or unblock the movement of the player, events or both.
How does one edit regions to do this?

tumsterfest

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Configure those params with a region number to use that region to configure the movement.
View attachment 159571
Nice, thanks! I'd previously starting a map using Galv's overlay plugin. One thing I'm struggling with ... I created my map from scratch in Gimp. Do you recommend a certain way to mark unpassible tiles in the MZ map editor? Right now I'm pingponging my eyes back and forth between MZ and my Gimp file to see where I need to restrict movement and placing region tiles in MZ -- which is a huge pain because I'm looking at a transparent wall of nothing ... I'm fairly certain there's a smarter way to do this, I'm just not intuitive enough to figure it out haha

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice, thanks! I'd previously starting a map using Galv's overlay plugin. One thing I'm struggling with ... I created my map from scratch in Gimp. Do you recommend a certain way to mark unpassible tiles in the MZ map editor? Right now I'm pingponging my eyes back and forth between MZ and my Gimp file to see where I need to restrict movement and placing region tiles in MZ -- which is a huge pain because I'm looking at a transparent wall of nothing ... I'm fairly certain there's a smarter way to do this, I'm just not intuitive enough to figure it out haha
My map editor will really help you with that, just one more day until it goes public.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for converting this so fast!

I'm trying to enable a fog effect but I'm having some trouble. I may just not be understanding how it's meant to be implemented.

I've got the png file for the fog in the parallax folder, with the organized folders set to false. I put the <fogName:filename> in the notetag section of the map in question and I replaced filename with the appropriate name of the png. Since I wasn't sure if there was a name requirement I've tried a variety of names, such as "fog5" (5 being the map number), "fog", "redfog" and a few others.

I also included the note tag <fogOpacity:255> just in case it was starting out transparent.

I don't get an error message of any kind (I have received one in other cases, like when I tried fog.png instead of fog, I got the message "can't load fog.png.png) so it seems like it's processing in some way, but I cannot see the fog on the map.

I've also tried turning off all other plugins, but I still end up with the same result.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

tonytank1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also having issues using fog. I tried everything and it's not working.

tonytank1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That worked! I probably would have never guessed this.

BTW, do you know if there's a way to make fog movement go slower than 1? I tried 0.5 and it doesn't work. 1 goes way too fast for the effect I'm trying to achieve (very slow-moving clouds).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syphonic