BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
(I hope it's the right thread for this ^^°)

Ever since the trailer for the second season came out, I've really wanted to talk about this anime, but I never found someone who was interested in it. So I'm trying my luck here.

What are your thoughts about the anime? Have you read the manga or have you only watched the anime? And the most important question: Are you happy that the series is finally continuing?

Let the discussion begin!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh ghosh this risk to be super nice a new season of d-gray man! 

I hope though they will stay in the same FOCUS than the original manga like they done in the first season :)  

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They will, definitely. I've compared the trailer to the manga and the scenes are almost exactly like in the manga. Not to mention Alma will be there...That's honestly the only thing I care about right now XD (And hopefully there won't be any annoying filler episodes like in the first season ^^°)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh lol I do remember I think this season will focus on Mana secret lol

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I remember correctly that will be after the Alma Arc. Or was there something about Mana before that?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I remember correctly that will be after the Alma Arc. Or was there something about Mana before that?

they have a lots of related to Mana but Mana arc is when Allen Walker begin to fade away.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, Allen is the main character, so his developement happens through the whole story. I hope the anime will cover the Mana Arc as well, but I don't think that will happen. There is yet no part in the arc where they could end it and leave a cliffhanger like in the last season.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, Allen is the main character, so his developement happens through the whole story. I hope the anime will cover the Mana Arc as well, but I don't think that will happen. There is yet no part in the arc where they could end it and leave a cliffhanger like in the last season.

true so I think yes this will focus on Alma but

I do recall in the Alma arc...it's kinda really even more sad since a lots of character die?

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's not the amount of people that die that makes it sad. It's the relationship between Kanda and Alma. It's the most tragic love story I've ever seen. (Not to mention more than half canon)

Speaking of which, I should mention that this thread will have spoilers, since there are probably a few who haven't read the manga.

I've also seen some sketches from the author on her instagram. There are some pretty sad ones, especially the last one she did.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not the amount of people that die that makes it sad. It's the relationship between Kanda and Alma. It's the most tragic love story I've ever seen. (Not to mention more than half canon)

Speaking of which, I should mention that this thread will have spoilers, since there are probably a few who haven't read the manga.

I've also seen some sketches from the author on her instagram. There are some pretty sad ones, especially the last one she did.

I'm although happy she's can continue the manga even with her sickness :)  

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't even know what she has/had Oo Anyway, it is important to be healthy. That's why I'm okay if she has to take her time. I can't understand those who complain about it, she's just a human, too òÓ

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't even know what she has/had Oo Anyway, it is important to be healthy. That's why I'm okay if she has to take her time. I can't understand those who complain about it, she's just a human, too òÓ

she's having ...how to call that in english arthritis or something like that 

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, yes, I know what you mean. Hopefully that's not because she's cracking her knuckles, because then I'd be in trouble myself XD
Anyway, I hope the anime will be as good as the manga. Though it's a shame that the original voice actors won't be there. The new ones are okay, but I still prefer the first ones. Kanda's second voice sounds a little to arrogant for him. At least it will still be the same composer. And the one who will be singing the ending song also sang the first opening of Fate/Stay Night. Her voice is great^^

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
D-Grayman reminds me of FMA for some reason but yeah, its great, its just I dont want to watch anime where they dont "finish" the show. Thats the only thing keeping this purple kitten from watching that anime.

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can understand that. There are a lot of animes that don't finish. That's probably because they are supposed to be some sort of advertisement for the manga. Especially in the last years. But there is one good thing about it: Those series don't have any annoying filler episodes. ^^

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
It's about time!  How long has it been since season came out?  I know i bought it on SAVE DVD at least two years ago.  

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I remember correctly, the last season came out 2008.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Which kinda begs the question of why it took so long.  Eight years seems like a looooong time to keep fans waiting.  Were they trying to avoid the FMA problem of the anime getting done before the manga?  Having not read the manga, I don't know if that's an issue.  

BlackRoseMii

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The author was sick for quite a while, but at that time, the manga was still far enough for a second season. So I really have no idea^^°

Also: Those who haven't read the manga are actually lucky. They get to experience everything that will happen the first time with audio. I think that's a better way to experience seeing something new than just seeing pictures. That's why I usually keep myself from reading the manga of a new series until that anime finished. I'm prepared for what's going to happen. Those who haven't read the manga will be surprised^^

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyriemedia