DaedraKyne's -- FREE -- MV plugin workshop! BACK IN ACTION!!!!

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by DaedraTalos, Feb 11, 2018.

1. DaedraTalos

DaedraTalos Evil Plugin Overlord in the making Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :LZYcheeze: Well, at least it was worth a try asking, you never know :3

So you should have something looking like this right? :

If so, are there any other plugins in your project that may affect the saving functions? Or are you sure it's definitely YepSaveCore? :rhappy:

2. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just checked, and I remembered what the actual problem was. (Tells ya how long it's been since I realized this was a problem, heh.)
    The problem isn't the script call itself, the problem is when I try to load an autosaved file from the title screen. It gives me the option, but when I select "yes" (on "do you wish to load this save file"), it just acts like I selected "no".

3. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Woah, that's problematic for sure! :rswt I'll get right onto it after resting for a bit!

Edit: @GameFire Here, try this and open the console before trying to load an autosave, then snip the console here :kaothx:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  4. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I just put that plugin in the place of the current YEP_SaveCore?
    Edit: I did that, and all it says is "load failed". The console message points to line 1361.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  5. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :kaothx: no, that's normal, all I did was add console logs to see if it would print out "log succeeded" or "log failed" :3 This means that the game is trying to load the save, but fails. That's weird though, I'll try and fix it :kaoeh:

Edit: have you tried making a new save? or is that save you're trying to load an old one?

6. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's a new save. I never try to load an old save.
    What I'm doing is starting up a new game, using an in-game event (which literally just calls the common event with the autosave command), going back to the title screen using the pause menu, and then trying to load the file I just autosaved.

7. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here, can you take a snip of the console while loading a save file for me please! :D

Attached Files:

8. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Whatever you did, it works now. This is what it prints to the console:
    file id: 1 YEP_SaveCore.js:1340
    is game file: true YEP_SaveCore.js:1486
    load success? YEP_SaveCore.js:1349

9. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    xDD seriously? Ok then, that wasn't weird at all! ^-^ Be sure to contact me if you have any further issues with it! ;)

10. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Found one.
    So I'm also using SRD_GameOverCore, which creates an option window after the game over scene with two options: go back to title, or load save. I started a new game (and deleted the previously-made autosave just in case), used the common event autosave, and then had something kill the character. Tried to load the autosave, and at first it worked (it let me select "yes" for "load this file" and faded out like it was loading the file). Until it gave me this error:
    [​IMG]

11. laugexd

laugexd Space Fish Veteran

First Language:
    danish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    hey daedra im in need of a plugin that can change the max amount of item stacks the player can have in their inventory prefferably in the form of a weight system so each item has a weight value that can be changed individually or globaly and when the weight limit (which is originally set in the plugin parameters but can be increased via plugin commands and via equipping / having items in the inventory that icreases it while it being eqquiped / in the inventory) then the player cannot have more items in the inventory (unless the player is given the item using the give item command) also if possible then integrate it with the normal item categories and possible yanfly's item categories plugin so we can make certain categories not count towards the wait limit. also if an item has a weight of 0 then you can still get them in the inventory even if it is at the weight limit. Thanks for reading all of this.

LTN Games likes this.
  12. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, so like Skyrim's inventory system? :kaojoy:^-^ always loved it except for when I had no weight left T3T

Seems easy enough! Btw, do you want to have a limit of items in a stack to? Just asking :kaothx:

Lemme see what I can do! :D

LTN Games likes this.
  13. laugexd

laugexd Space Fish Veteran

First Language:
    danish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    well, that would be nice but I'm using yanfly's item core which already has that build in but that reminds me that it should be compatible with yanfly's item core plugin. And thanks for helping!

LTN Games likes this.
  14. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey @laugexd ! Here's a really early beta version of the plugin! :p Sets up a default weight param for all items / weapons / armors in the params, and a custom one in the database (notes) with the <weight:x> tag. When you try and add an item, it will automatically update your inventory's weight, and will return a phrase if it can't add more. :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  15. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello! This is a really awesome workshop!! (And I give you props for taking on what's bound to be quite popular!)

I'm not entirely sure if you keep multiple slots open or only accept one request at a time, but if you don't mind- could you take a look at an old unanswered request of mine?

Thank you! :kaojoy:

16. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you talking about the index selector? Or what? O_O oh, is it the slightly faded out effect when a window appears over the game-scene? :D Curious to know, so I can see if I'm able to do this! :kaojoy:

Rhino likes this.
  17. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for looking into it! Yes, its changing the 'slightly faded out effect' that appears below some windows :D

(Would you believe me if I said there was a power blackout just as I got an alert?) So I can't get an example from my project to show, but i think the gifs here might come in handy! The effect I'm after is to get rid of the blur (which yanflys menu plugin already has an option for) and instead to make the screen look like its lost all its colour and go grey-scale instead. ^^

EDIT: I know that there's been an influx of requests recently, so I just wanted to say that mine isn't desperate and I'm happy for you to leave it for later or miss it out. Of course, I'd still be most grateful if you decided to do it but it's for aesthetics so I think there might be other requests that are based more around important gameplay features that I don't want to steal your time away from. (That is if the workshop is still open, because yeah it's a really awesome idea but I can imagine that it's no easy task to fulfil!) :o

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  18. DaedraTalos

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    :kaojoy: Hey all! Fyi: For all requests: I'll be noting down on my laptop all requests tomorrow, cuz' I might go offline for the next two weeks (going to the Alps, although I might be available but only very shortly every day). If anyone else has any other requests, please ask fast, or you'll have to wait two weeks (+ I have my exams the week after that, so you might have to wait four weeks :kaosigh:)

PS: Sorry for the absence, was finishing an important thirty-pages essay. :kaothx:

Rhino likes this.
  19. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you are still taking requests, do you think you can make a plugin that enables an option in battles choices (in the same window as Attack, Guard, Item, etc.) to switch out a party member mid-fight with another party member when the party has 5 or more members, but also make it where the command isn't present and visible if the party size is 4 or fewer? Kind of how like Pokémon does it with the switching out Pokémon with another in battle, but it uses up the turn to do so. Not on my PC, so I can't do a mock-up right now.

20. Artomes

Artomes Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello Daedra,

Hope you're enjoying your spring break as much as I am (well needed lol). When you get back and if you're still taking request. I was wondering if you could help me make a fairly simple script (I think). I am using Yanflys_Row_Formation script which allows the designer to create rows on the battlefield which the battlers can be put into but it also adds this function (battler.setRow()) which sets the row of the chosen battler.

At the start of a battle, I am trying to randomize what row the battlers will show up in depending on the class of the battler.
    So,
    if melee class.
    random chance to be in row 1,2 or 3.
    else if ranged class
    random chance to be row 2,3,4
    etc etc

I have a ton of classes like 20 so this will play a factor. Also, (a little off topic) how did you familiarize yourself with the engine? I'm familiar with c++ but this javascript + learning the engine is killing me.