DAE's Actor Inventories MZ (Original + Kingdom-Hearts style)

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Actor Inventories - Version 1.1 - Get

RPG Maker MZ Plugin

Note:
Compatible with Visustella's main plugins.

Introduction
Have you ever tried having multiple inventories that you were switching in-between using events or custom scripts, because your game switches between different parties but for some reason default MV/MZ doesn't allow you to have seperate inventories for each character? Well fear not, this solves that, and more!

Features
This plugin separates the party's inventory into unique inventories for each actor.
By default, RMMZ will create an inventory for the entire party.
With this plugin, each actor will have its own inventory, and actors in the party will be able to exchange items between their inventories.
Whenever an actor leaves the party, their items get removed from the party's "inventory", and when a new actor joins the party, their items will be added to the party's "inventory".
This plugin also shows which actors own which items, and how many items they have.

Instructions:
1- Add the plugin to your plugin manager list
2- That's it! Enjoy :LZSjoy:
3- Post any relevant request for updates / plugin commands / custom scripts regarding this plugin in this thread!

Plugin: Click here to get it! (includes paid version for commercial, and free obfuscated version for non-commercial)

PS: Make sure to watch this post if you want to be notified when this plugin gets updated!

Credit:
DaedraKyne (@DaedraTalos)

Terms
Free for any non-commercial game, by downloading the demo available at the itch.io page.
For commercial games, you need to buy the paid itch.io version.

Updates
2020-09-03 - Version 1.35 - Plays item-use SE whenever an exchange is successful
2020-09-01 - Version 1.3 - Added a plugin command to block/unblock item exchanges
2020-08-31 - Version 1.2 - Added the option to sort items by actor, similar to the Kingdom Hearts series
2020-08-15 - Version 1.1 - Released the plugin
2020-08-07 - Version 1.0 - Prepared the plugin for release

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG

Last edited:

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello,

Thank you for the plugin. I just gave it a try and had a few questions.

First - I noticed that you were unable to transfer X amount of a single item. It was only all or nothing. I used your demo plugin a while back and didn't have this issue.

Second - Wondering if it's possible to have the separate items in battle as well. I noticed that each character still has access to the full inventory in battle.

Lastly - Unsure if it would be a big to-do as an extension of the existing plugin. But would it be possible that when selecting "Item" from the menu, you instead select a character from your party and are able to see their inventory, rather than seeing the names? It's quite a bit different from what you have here, so maybe I'll work on it on my own someday, but figured I would ask.

Thanks again for the plugin!

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there @boikish ^^

Regarding the first thing, are you sure you're unable to? I've tested both the demo and full version of MZ, and they both have this feature. The only one that doesn't is the old MV version that is still in development

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Second - Wondering if it's possible to have the separate items in battle as well. I noticed that each character still has access to the full inventory in battle.
As for the second, I can definitely do that ^^ I think I'll add a plugin parameter to make it enable/disabled.
Lastly - Unsure if it would be a big to-do as an extension of the existing plugin. But would it be possible that when selecting "Item" from the menu, you instead select a character from your party and are able to see their inventory, rather than seeing the names? It's quite a bit different from what you have here, so maybe I'll work on it on my own someday, but figured I would ask.
So something similar to the inventory in Kingdom Hearts games? I think I should be able to do that, maybe once again making it switchable via a plugin parameter

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@DaedraTalos Thanks for the reply! I tested again and you are correct, the transfer worked as intended!

As for your second post. Adding those two features would be amazing! Exactly like the Kingdom Hearts series.

I primarily mention the second piece, having to select an actor first to see their inventory because of menu crowding when too many actors have particular items. If three actors are holding something, the menu starts to get a little hard to read. Being able to go into individual inventories and see who owns what would be great.

Last question for me, is it possible to make it so that this only applies to specific item categories? I'd like to have independent ownership of items, but shared ownership of weapons/armors, if that makes sense.

Thanks again for the plugin!!

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a plugin and it working with Visu is a huge plus wont issue though or request in the paid version

Can we disable the item text somehow

im normally running this
View attachment 199830

plugin seems to work great but it causes this

ALSO : A disable exchange command would be amazing to have :ewat:
View attachment 199829

EDIT : Moved here and thanks for the reply <3

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As for your second post. Adding those two features would be amazing! Exactly like the Kingdom Hearts series.

I primarily mention the second piece, having to select an actor first to see their inventory because of menu crowding when too many actors have particular items. If three actors are holding something, the menu starts to get a little hard to read. Being able to go into individual inventories and see who owns what would be great.
@boikish I've updated the plugin with an additional plugin parameter that allows you to choose whether or not you want the items to be sorted by actor, or shown all together ^^ Basically, if it's turned on, you'll need to select an actor first, and will then be able to see all of that actor's items.
Let me know what you think of it :LZSjoy:
Last question for me, is it possible to make it so that this only applies to specific item categories? I'd like to have independent ownership of items, but shared ownership of weapons/armors, if that makes sense.
Thanks again for the plugin!!
Definitely should be! I'll go through this and @Passingbyposts 's requests at the same time now, and update the plugin again once both things have been added ^^

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looking forward to it please ping me when updated i cant wait to give it a go :ptea:

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looking forward to it please ping me when updated i cant wait to give it a go :ptea:
@Passingbyposts Alright, all done ^^ Updated the plugin, you can check it out. It has one more plugin parameter "Write item amount text", turn it off to disable the amount text. Furthermore, there's a plugin command to disable in-menu exchanges. Just check the plugin commands and you'll see it there.

@boikish I'll be adding an edit for the categories next :LZSsmile:

Last edited:

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Tested and now when you disable the text the visu inventory looks good

though it comes at a cost of knowing who has what, i can now easily have different party arcs without

:kaothx:
1630670341654.png

EDIT : I TAKE THAT BACK!! - just noticed the sort by character function works amazing, one super small thing to note is that it might be worth if possible having the exchange actor execute make the system sound as it could be hard to understand if it executed if you dont have visible split inventory but that is a super small niggle

1630670940636.png

10/10 Plugin Very nice :kaojoy:

Last edited:

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT : I TAKE THAT BACK!! - just noticed the sort by character function works amazing, one super small thing to note is that it might be worth if possible having the exchange actor execute make the system sound as it could be hard to understand if it executed if you dont have visible split inventory but that is a super small niggle
Ooh good idea!! I always do dev with no sound on in-game bc BGM/SE sounds can get frustrating after a while xd I've updated the plugin so that it plays the item use SE whenever an exchange is successfully done ^^
10/10 Plugin Very nice :kaojoy:
Thanks!! Let me know if there's any other kinds of plugins that you think might be very useful to you and other devs :kaojoy:

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ooh good idea!! I always do dev with no sound on in-game bc BGM/SE sounds can get frustrating after a while xd I've updated the plugin so that it plays the item use SE whenever an exchange is successfully done ^^

Thanks!! Let me know if there's any other kinds of plugins that you think might be very useful to you and other devs :kaojoy:

So fast, i decided to re-download and test for you but ive gotten some weird results

First sound is deffo there now but i noticed something odd between versions
First one is sy in that i think the character selection has no default so if the player enters through too quickly it will error as no actor is selected (guessing this would be resolved by defaulting to actor 1 in the party??)
1630680209073.png

Lastly the item count of a product is now the party total in character divisions until you transfer them all
I,e in this example i sent 10 to the other character but had 40 still showing instead of 30
which is odd as it was the same test i did earlier in the thread and it correctly displayed 29 then :rswt

it correctly disappears if you send the other person all of the qty but its like the value doesn't recalculate if they share the same item anymore
1630680404145.png

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
which is odd as it was the same test i did earlier in the thread and it correctly displayed 29 then :rswt
Are you sure you have the plugin parameter "Write item amount text" turned ON? The issue might be that it's turned off, meaning that the plugin isn't affecting the calculation of the amount. Let me know if it still doesn't work with that plugin parameter turned on ^^

First one is sy in that i think the character selection has no default so if the player enters through too quickly it will error as no actor is selected (guessing this would be resolved by defaulting to actor 1 in the party??)
I've updated the plugin to make sure the first actor is selected at the start, and to have an extra check to ensure no crashes occur in case the player somehow manages to press ok without having any characters selected, either way :ohappy:

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you sure you have the plugin parameter "Write item amount text" turned ON? The issue might be that it's turned off, meaning that the plugin isn't affecting the calculation of the amount. Let me know if it still doesn't work with that plugin parameter turned on ^^

I've updated the plugin to make sure the first actor is selected at the start, and to have an extra check to ensure no crashes occur in case the player somehow manages to press ok without having any characters selected, either way :ohappy:
Quick test yep that solved the crash issue

Funny the quantities all work again now
transferring out ten leaves you with 30 :kaojoy:
Might be nice to drop of the semi colon when you get a chance to make it clean but otherwise i cant state it enough times!!......... 10/10 Plugin :kaothx:
1630682077082.png

Attachments

• 1630682039448.png
    1630682039448.png
    231 KB · Views: 1

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Y'know it just came to me that a good add-on / feature to compliment this plugin would be to allow a storage container to use the functionality so the player can put there stuff in and take it out for example

Just an idea as you mentioned you were looking for ideas a while ago

DaedraTalos

Evil Plugin Overlord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Y'know it just came to me that a good add-on / feature to compliment this plugin would be to allow a storage container to use the functionality so the player can put there stuff in and take it out for example

Just an idea as you mentioned you were looking for ideas a while ago
Mm I'm pretty sure that my plugin would have no issues interacting with storage plugins out there that already exist, although the only thing missing would be to be able to specify which actor's items specifically you'd like to take from / add to. I could work on an add-on to someone else's storage container plugin tho, to make it more user-friendly when used with this plugin

boomy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the MV version getting an update?
Unfortunately, there's no non-obfuscated version for MV so I can't tinker around it to make it compatible with the SRPG plugin for MV (it would be a great addition to fire emblem-like games)

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mm I'm pretty sure that my plugin would have no issues interacting with storage plugins out there that already exist, although the only thing missing would be to be able to specify which actor's items specifically you'd like to take from / add to. I could work on an add-on to someone else's storage container plugin tho, to make it more user-friendly when used with this plugin

Wait there is a storage plugin already? maybe i've not been looking hard enough i havent come across one for MZ before :D

Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Great. I searched the whole network for this plug-in and finally found it, but I have some problems. Is there a bug or incomplete function in the latest demo plug-in of version 1.36? I tried DAE's actorinventories demo MZ V1.36, but found some bugs. I had some trouble registering PayPal when I bought this plug-in. I want to confirm the difference between the commercial version and the demo version. I hope I can roughly describe it. Thank you.

Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I bought the commercial version of the plug-in. After many tests with my little partner and I, it is confirmed that the plug-in does have bugs. When viewing the switching between different roles, the use / exchange window will appear in the role selection window at the same time. Moreover, when a certain item of a role is 99, others can still transfer items to the role, although the number has not changed, However, it plays the sound successfully transferred and there is no prompt message. I think it is necessary for the author to fix the problem of this plug-in. I look forward to and continue to pay attention to it. Thank you

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Harold Jam 2022: Dark Universe game jam is live! https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam22
Every once in a while I keep forgetting MZ added an Attack Skill Trait you can use to set the basic attack of an Actor to something else.
ScreenShot_5_24_2022_8_43_32.png
the last post was of the 2 bosses you'll fight in the high school... Principal Heiman and Mary, Mary, Mary... aka Mary Mars Mcqueen, the captain of the girl's wrestling team. Here's a view of the inside of said high school, Autumn Bay High.
So the Fire alarm went off 3 times in less then a half hour on my building. But my cat is so use to it going off he doesn't even run behind the couch anymore. He is just like, "This again?"
It has been brought to my attention that the name of my main robot protagonist in bio-Synthetica (R3-M1) is a Star Wars character LOL Woops. Always Google search names. The new name of my robot is now K0-R1. :kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paperhartss