Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
Hello,

Intro

I just bought RPG Maker MV 2 days ago, spent 28 hours on it, I discover everything, it's cool :)

I worked on a custom Web Brower based RPG for years in Ajax, then I discovered RPG Maker MV. It's in Javascript so I have some hope to write custom code and it will replace my custom work, it was too long to code the core alone. The game I'm working on is a "never-ending adventure" (without real time PvP though, I gave up on this, but I'd like players to fight vs other player's units played by IA, I will open another thread for this : leaderboard and exchange items between players, without being able to see other players on the map, just some server database data visible in menus).

Question

I want to use a daily quests system.

I can create few quests with some variables, items, switches, conditional branches, but I'd like to use a Quest framework as a base : it seems the most advanced quest plugin is Gameus' Quest System (link below), right ?

When I read the features of this plugin, it has nothing to do with a daily quest system.

When I search "daily quests rpg maker mv" on Google unfortunately there is not much results.

Is it something we cannot do with RPG Maker MV ?

I know we can do almost everything with code, but I would not recommend to do something that is totally against the aim of the software, and this is enforced when I read Yanfly giving up his ATB/CTB plugins, writing : " RPG Maker MV's source code is intentionally made for turn-based battle systems and not tick-based battle systems. Developing for tick-based battle systems is problematic for the very reason that the editor itself cannot be edited and changed through plugins."

So is daily quests something we can do ?

Also, related to this daily quests system, I started to work on a survival system, but I dont want a player to finish it in a raw, it should be temporized, for example entry cost is one special item, and this item cannot be found in the story mode, instead one of this key is given to the player every hour, every day ... with a max storage.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

imnonoob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tried doing Daily Quests but this should get what you want done.

You can try getting Orange Time System. This allows you to set the game in real time. Then using one of the plugin's commands, every day at like 12AM you can try to reset your quests. Don't know if this will work 100% but it's worth a try.

Vito The Boss

Someone better than you, or will become
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
It can be do it, by using variables, and create a time system. By using this time, you can program events, that every day, gave a mission

Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
I haven't tried doing Daily Quests but this should get what you want done.

You can try getting Orange Time System. This allows you to set the game in real time. Then using one of the plugin's commands, every day at like 12AM you can try to reset your quests. Don't know if this will work 100% but it's worth a try.

Hello Imnooob,

Thanks for your answer. When I read Orange Time System description I realize I need a server time (cannot be the time of the player/computer/mobile or players can cheat too easy)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
Like you said, you'd need to have it connected to a server at all times so users can't cheat by changing their clock. However this would essentially make it so your game requires an online connection anytime it is up, otherwise the game won't work properly or they would get an error preventing them from playing the game anymore. 

However most people would just interpret that as a game breaking bug rather than the contemptuous DRM that is the always-online requirement unless a message were to pop up specifically stating the need for an online connection whenever they go offline and then make the game quick to desktop after pressing the action button.

The JavaScript would also need to: detect connection to internet, display a message when service is interrupted and kill the game (or retry connecting to the server)

Now rather or or not it is possible to program a JavaScript that does all that, I don't know. An auto-save script would be highly recommended because Internet service interruptions can happen at literally anytime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mirla21