Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found an interesting tool while browsing. Unfortunately my laptop can't run it ^^; But still sharing in case someone's interested.
From the page in itch.io:
Dain-App is a free app that let you take any form of media like movies, stop-motion, anime, cartoons, sprites, etc and interpolate new frames, generating a bigger frame-rate from the original file.

Basically this tool lets you convert animations to 60fps by interpolation. When your animation has less fps, the AI draws in new frames by using the existing frames and makes the animation smoother. Works with .mp4 and .gif. You can make spritesheets with more frames by extracting the frames from the resulting gif file ^^

Demonstration:

You can find it here: https://grisk.itch.io/dain-app
There's a newer version in their *******... but I'm not allowed to link that so just take the google drive link then XD DAIN_APP Alpha 0.43

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So.. I can make my character have even more than 8 frames in every direction?! I can already see MV cowering in a corner. :LZSexcite:

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep! That seems possible. I actually had 60 frames in all directions once upon a time (my game lagged like crazy but it looked nice)... used spriter to export these XD But each character took like a week because I'm naturally very slow at stuff. This looks like it can do all that so much easily but my luck is bad, it won't run for me... Hyouryuu-Na having bad luck- nothing new or unusual XD

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah... er.. I actually trimmed down my character sheets and started having multiple ones to switch to for other actions. MV/MZ's need to convert PNGs to BMPs beforehand meant the 600 frame (it had a lot of poses) character sheets I was using were around 70-80mb of RAM for each one. I can't imagine 60 frames in every direction for just moving. :kaoback:

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very interesting. Thanks for posting!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

6000 Plugins for RPG Maker MV, Pixel RPG Icons, & Reboot Pixel Font | RPG Maker News #38

Why not smash a guitar on your foes? Ability to play said guitar not included.
Two NPCs blinking animations in VNMaker and two to go. Some progress!
Fun Fact: My last two projects (Fursona and A Postmortem Nation) were released before I could do post-completion playtesting because I got so excited and happy I released them on the spot. Sometimes I have rubbish impulse control. smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkira2