Damage and Hit Formula Help!

AelarTassarion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I want to create a D&D style game with hit rate determined by a roll against an AC score, and damage determined by a roll with a proficiency bonus. I have Yanfly's Damage Core and Hit Accuracy, but also have Victor Engine Hit Formula lined up as well. I have the following formula for both hit and damage, and basically just want to know if they work, or what I have to do to fix them. Particularly the hit formula, does it work, and which plugin should I be using; yanfly or victor?

Damage formula:  1 + rand(x) + floor.((a.atk-10/2)

Function: Rolls a dice (d4, 6, 8, or 12), then adds on an actor's attack modifier (attack stat minus 10 and divided by two, rounded down)

x = 3, 5, 7, or 11 for each die possible, +1 to make 1 the minimum roll

(a.atk-10)/2 = D&D's formula for proficiency bonus, rounded down.

Hit formula: floor.((a.agi-10)/2) + (1 + rand(19)) > b.def

Function: Takes an actor's bonus to hit (similar to attack modifier) and adds on a d20 roll, if that is higher than the target's defense, the attack hits.

Basically I just need to know if this stuff even works or makes sense XD

doranikofu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
I'm guessing Yanfly and Victor's plugins won't work at the same time. One probably will overwrite the other.

You could try using Yanfly's buff states core plugin for special effects. It is easy to add in modifier along the battle process using note tags such as <Custome Respond Effect> to change the damage values.

Yanfly has quite a number of tutorials online.

AelarTassarion

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks doran, however I've managed to solve my riddles with the help of Victor and Hime and their plugins.

If anyone's interested, I'm using Himework's Weapon Damage plugin to set the item's weapon damage formula as:
(Math.randomInt(x) + 1)

And the skill notetags as:

a.weaponDamage(b) + Math.floor((a.atk – 10) * 0.5)

This combination rolls a die for the "base damage" of the weapon (so a d6 for a shortsword,etc), then adds an actor's bonus damage onto it via the actual attack skill.

For the hit accuracy, I'm using Victor's Hit Formula plugin, with the following formula:

(Math.randomInt(20) + 1 + Math.floor((a.agi – 10) * 0.5) >= b.def) ? 100 : 0

This rolls a d20 to attack, then adds an actor's bonus to hit. If this sum is greater than or equal to the target's defense stat, the attack hits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am feeling better about my update schedule, I feel like I am actually getting consistent work done even if it isn’t big updates.
It's a joy to work on a well-made map. I am not regretting this commission in the least!
I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lavdiasmylove