FinnishEngineer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want a skill that does more damage on an enemy that has a status effect like stunned.
Is that possible to do?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, with damage formula coding - but you need to specify which maker you want this for, because different makers use different coding languages.
your profile claims that you are using MV (javascript), but you posted in the forum for VXAce (RGSS3)

Shiro-chan

Friendly Neighbourhood Neppy Maid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Code:
if b.state?([state x]);[damage formula from state];else;[other damage formula];end

[state x] is your state you want, like how 2 is by default Poisoned etc
[damage formula from state] is what you want if the target is under the state
[other damage formula] is what you want if they aren't

Note that the [] brackets are just for making it more clearly visible, these are NOT part of the formula; you have to use only alphanumerics, like so:
Code:
if b.state?(2);5000;else;100;end

This would, assuming state 2 is the default Poisoned, deal 5000 damage to the target if they're Poisoned, but if the target is not poisoned, it only deals 100 damage. You can use the usual things like
Code:
a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2

as well and you can even do combinations, like if the target is under a second status that would cancel the first one's effects, like so:
Code:
if b.state?([state x])&&!b.state?([state y]);

This would require state x but NOT work (Negative AND) if state y is in place, too.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What is a thing you like to see in RPGs?
Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeymanriley14