Damage blast radius?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by ScorpionXII, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ScorpionXII

ScorpionXII Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I've been trying to create a single target skill that does damage to nearby allies to simulate a blast radius; for example... if an enemy tosses a grenade at a party member, the target takes heavy damage, while the allies next to him/her will receive minor damage, and the rest of your party members take no damage. If anybody is familiar with The Divine Dragon's Cannon attack from the Legend of Dragoon; that's what I'm going for. I've been using Yanfly's area of effect plugin, and it works great for most area effect skills, but it only allows me to deal 100% damage to all targets in range, so I can't create a blast radius effect with it.

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Area_of_Effect_(YEP)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    'MV Deployment' is for looking at issues relating to the actual release of a game e.g. to PC or Android.

I am uncertain if Yanfly's plugin could be made to do what you want, or if you need to have something different. I am, therefore, moving this thread initially to Javascript/Plugin Support, in case something can be done with it. If it turns out it can't, then please Report this post and ask for the thread to be moved to JS Plugin Requests.

Please edit your post to include a link to the page where you got that plugin so that if anyone needs to check something before offering advice, they won't have to go hunting for it.

As there are many people who will not have played Legend of Dragoon, it would be helpful to include a reference image or something which helps explain the Divine Dragon's Cannon attack looks like. People may recognize it from something else they have played, but won't know that they know (and therefore can help) just by a name.

Moving this.