Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have shared this with a few people so far, and gotten positive reviews so I decided to host it up for all.

Changelog:

v1.2, 10/28/14 -

• Added a 3rd custom attack formula: (a.atk + variable) * a.atk / (b.def + another variable) to both damage calculator tabs.
  • Inserted an empty line every 5 levels on the damage calculator tabs to help visual identification.
v1.1, 10/20/2014 -

• Corrected error in Damage Calculator that was preventing properly adding MAT, MDF, AGI & LUK modifiers.

*EDIT - Recent as of 10/16/14*

I have finished a massive overhaul of the spreadsheet. With the help of Ksjp17 I have made it pretty robust with a good many features built into it. We both have benefited greatly from the new version and I am presenting it to the community for your own personal use as well.

Features:

• Full Instructions on the 1st tab.
  • Bestiary, Characters tabs that feed into a Damage Calculator tab.
  • Damage Calculator tab shows you:Ally Stats
  • Enemy Stats
  • Physical Damage from both sides of the battle
  • Magical Damage from both sides of the battle
  • How many hits to kill each side
  • Damage due to elemental strengths or weaknesses
[*]Damage Calculations are fully automatic once you set up the Bestiary and Character tabs. Simply input an enemy ID and let it do the work!
[*]Damage Formulas are adjustable.
[*]Optional tabs for Weapons & Armor, Accessories & Items & Skills.

Access it on Google Docs.
Here is a link for Dropbox.

Download instructions:

1. Click link above.
  2. Select download in the upper right-hand corner.
  3. Choose either a direct download or save to your dropbox.
  4. Once downloaded it should open in Protected View. To begin editing just click on Enable Editing.

Enjoy! Please submit any feedback and suggestions.

Last edited:

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is quite nice spreadsheet actually.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recommend people to give it a good look.  It's a great aid to balancing, and a huge amount of it is now automated in such a way that seeing the detailed impact of any change in ally/enemy stats is so easy.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have updated the spreadsheet due to an error I found on the damage calculator page and updated the name of the spreadsheet to v1.1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh wow, not sure how I missed this.  The resource section is for graphics and music so it doesn't belong here.  I'm going to move this thread over to Program and Utilities section since I think it counts as a Utility.  I'm not 100% sure if it's the best place for it though so it might get moved again.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds good, thanks for the move, Sharm!

TheTourist

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh wow, not sure how I missed this.  The resource section is for graphics and music so it doesn't belong here.  I'm going to move this thread over to Program and Utilities section since I think it counts as a Utility.  I'm not 100% sure if it's the best place for it though so it might get moved again.
This is definitely a utility.

Thanks for the share Shinma!! 

I had difficulty trying to understand and balancing stats.

I'll give this a proper study.

Thank you!

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are quite welcome. 

If the instructions are not clear, please let me know. Once you get the hang of the spreadsheet it is a huge boon!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there a way to change it so that it does not use the default formula for spells and attacks? I have a division in my formula, and I see no place to add that into the spreadsheet, as it is all based on something * a.atk - something * b.def + a fixed value.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In it's current form, no. However, if you would like I can swap out the 3rd damage formula to yours, simply respond here or in a PM with the formula and I can make you an updated version.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I currently use something like this:

(a.atk + variable) * a.atk / (b.def + another variable).

The division keeps it so that we always do damage (barring something silly like a 1 ATK vs a 9999 DEF), and the + variable in the bottom makes it so that (with the right variable) a 100 atk on a 1 def doesn't do earth shattering damage.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem. The spreadsheet has been updated to v1.2. It now incorporates the above formula. Please let me know if you have any problems with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

GGSlayer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Nice  :thumbsup-right:  

This is really great work Shinma

Thanks for sharing

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you and you are quite welcome!

J_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have shared this with a few people so far, and gotten positive reviews so I decided to host it up for all.

Changelog:

v1.2, 10/28/14 - 

• Added a 3rd custom attack formula:  (a.atk + variable) * a.atk / (b.def + another variable) to both damage calculator tabs.
  • Inserted an empty line every 5 levels on the damage calculator tabs to help visual identification.
v1.1, 10/20/2014 -

• Corrected error in Damage Calculator that was preventing properly adding MAT, MDF, AGI & LUK modifiers.
*EDIT - Recent as of 10/16/14*

I have finished a massive overhaul of the spreadsheet. With the help of Ksjp17 I have made it pretty robust with a good many features built into it. We both have benefited greatly from the new version and I am presenting it to the community for your own personal use as well.

Features:

• Full Instructions on the 1st tab.
  • Bestiary, Characters tabs that feed into a Damage Calculator tab.
  • Damage Calculator tab shows you:Ally Stats
  • Enemy Stats
  • Physical Damage from both sides of the battle
  • Magical Damage from both sides of the battle
  • How many hits to kill each side
  • Damage due to elemental strengths or weaknesses
[*]Damage Calculations are fully automatic once you set up the Bestiary and Character tabs. Simply input an enemy ID and let it do the work!
[*]Damage Formulas are adjustable.
[*]Optional tabs for Weapons & Armor, Accessories & Items & Skills. 

Here is the link.

Download instructions:

1. Click link above.
  2. Select download in the upper right-hand corner.
  3. Choose either a direct download or save to your dropbox.
  4. Once downloaded it should open in Protected View. To begin editing just click on Enable Editing.
Enjoy! Please submit any feedback and suggestions.
Hi, this spreedsheet looks great, but I have a problem. I can't enter more enemies in the bestiary. The spredsheet appears to be locked. Maybe because I'm using Excel 2007?

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi J_C, just to make sure, are you trying to do it straight from the link or have you downloaded it?

If you have downloaded it, then all you should need to do is open it in Excel, go to the 'Review' tab and click on 'Unprotect Sheet'. You should have been able to input into the blank spaces without this step, but I think it won't let you do inserts and a few other commands when protected. Just be sure to protect it again when you are done as it prevents you from accidentally changing the formulas in the top.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need additional help and I will be happy to assist! 

J_C

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi J_C, just to make sure, are you trying to do it straight from the link or have you downloaded it?

If you have downloaded it, then all you should need to do is open it in Excel, go to the 'Review' tab and click on 'Unprotect Sheet'. You should have been able to input into the blank spaces without this step, but I think it won't let you do inserts and a few other commands when protected. Just be sure to protect it again when you are done as it prevents you from accidentally changing the formulas in the top.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or need additional help and I will be happy to assist! 
Thanks, now it works perfectly.

Cei

Warper
Reaction score
I'm Personally Trying to use Different formulas for every ability  , Does Anyone know how to use the Damage formula from Tera online  ?

like (Skill Damage * Attack) / Enemy Defense = Damage 

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This would be better suited for a new thread, but you pretty much just answered your own question. There are some awesome tutorials on the site though. This community is great for it. =)

Muzzsjm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Link for this is now dead/no longer working.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kostec