Damage Over time script that is compatable with Yanfly ATB battle system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Mcleavestein, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Mcleavestein

Mcleavestein Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I am looking for a way to create stat dependent DoT and HoT abilities that is compatible with Yanfly ATB Battle System. I have tried Ellyestatedamage plugin, but it doesn't seem to work with ATB activated. Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I suppose I should be more specific. I need a way to make a damage over time spell that deals damage based off the caster's stats, as opposed to a flat % of the target's health pool.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
  2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can you give a better description? Because theoretically you can do that completely without a script, just use a state with a change in HRG (like the poison state).

But most probably you want something slightly different, but we can't help you when we don't know what exactly you want...

3. Mcleavestein

First Language:
    English
    I'm looking for something that bases the damage and healing off of the stats of the character that casts the spell, as opposed to being based on the total hp of the creature being attacked. For example, if my character casting the dot has 100 MAT then a formula like "a.mat * .5", would deal 50 damage per round instead of a flat % of health. Thanks for the response. 

4. Mcleavestein

First Language:
    English
    If this sort of thing doesn't exist, I would be interested in commissioning someone to write the code. I've never commissioned before, but this script is pretty necessary for my game.

5. Zael

Zael Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Using Lunatic Mode features from Yanfly's Buff and State Core Plugin from http://yanfly.moe you can create what you're looking for pretty easily like this:

<Custom Regenerate Effect>
    var value = Math.floor(origin.mat * -0.5);
    user.gainHp(value);
    </Custom Regenerate Effect>

Place that in the Notes Box of your State and set the number or rounds, name, icon, etc but leave the traits alone. To explain what its doing, first it sets up the variable "value" to equal the Origin of the State's Magic Attack multiplied by negative 0.5 (it is very important that this number is negative so the enemy loses HP). The origin would be the caster of the status effect. The second line gives the User of the State (whoever has it on them) the HP in the amount of the "value" variable, and because that value is a negative number (because we multiplied the Origin's MAT by a negative number so the value became negative) the enemy should lose HP.

I haven't tested it, so let me know if it doesn't work or something, but it shouldn't give you any issues if you have the Plugin installed.

Hope that this helps,

Z

Rayhaku808 and Roguedeus like this.
  6. Mcleavestein

First Language:
    English
    Wow, awesome. It seems to work! I cannot thank you enough. I was going to have to do a bunch of rebalancing If I couldn't find a work around. Still a noob to MV. Thanks Again.

7. Zael

Zael Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No problem, glad I could help! :)

Check out Driftwood Gaming, SumRndmDde, and Echo607 on YouTube, they have some amazing Tutorials and other content that will help you learn MV a lot quicker. They are usually my first recommendations to new users.

And hey, welcome to the Community!

Z