Damage Popup with Element Effectiveness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemtax

Secret Open World Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,
so what I've been looking for is a change in color for the damage popup depending on wether the elemental type was effective against the target, weak against it or no resistance at all.

So let's say the enemy has 50% fire element rate, the player hits for 100 fire damage, the popup is "50" and it would be nice to somehow indicate to the player that the element used wasn't effective.

So maybe have the damage popup appear blue-ish when the element rate has a certain threshold, in this case below 100.
If an element is effective maybe the popup would be red.

One solution would probably be to add 3 rows in the img/system/damage.png to these thresholds so one could change the appearance and style of damage popups to fit one's game. (white = element rate of 100%; blue = element rate below 100%; red = rate above 100%)

Due to my very limited knowledge of JS I can only come up with vague suggestions.
Maybe it would be possible to overlay the damage popup depending on the element rate instead of using the damage.png or show an icon to the left/right of the damage popup?

Anyways, I hope someone can enlighten me on how to approach element rate in damage popups :)
I couldn't find any damage popup plugins that had element rate be a factor in how it's being displayed.

Peace~

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[closed]IgnoreMe[/closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games
Wow, lots of RPG Maker MV stuff on sale on Steam for 50%-75% off. Steam, why you not tell me?!
looking for help on top secret project
The nick "Toeuia" that I'm using comes from a, idk, you okay the chess game while chit chatting them. The first two are students. Then you know, finally, the champion, and then the champion's sensei. I played like this so many times until suddenly there's another chess master. Very naive but super smart. After he lost, he kinda advised me not to give up on chest. Because the next one was never seen beaten. Touya.
I'm currently playing Ara Fell - I can see why it's had generally good reviews. The exploration aspect is pretty strong and the writing is passable.

The game auto-saves and offers an option to turn back just before each major combat, and immediately brings the player back to the last position saved when there's a TPK. Convenient at the very least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PantsJackson