Damage Popup with Element Effectiveness?

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Zemtax, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zemtax

Zemtax Secret Open World Game Dev Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey,
    so what I've been looking for is a change in color for the damage popup depending on wether the elemental type was effective against the target, weak against it or no resistance at all.

So let's say the enemy has 50% fire element rate, the player hits for 100 fire damage, the popup is "50" and it would be nice to somehow indicate to the player that the element used wasn't effective.

So maybe have the damage popup appear blue-ish when the element rate has a certain threshold, in this case below 100.
    If an element is effective maybe the popup would be red.

One solution would probably be to add 3 rows in the img/system/damage.png to these thresholds so one could change the appearance and style of damage popups to fit one's game. (white = element rate of 100%; blue = element rate below 100%; red = rate above 100%)

Due to my very limited knowledge of JS I can only come up with vague suggestions.
    Maybe it would be possible to overlay the damage popup depending on the element rate instead of using the damage.png or show an icon to the left/right of the damage popup?

Anyways, I hope someone can enlighten me on how to approach element rate in damage popups :)
    I couldn't find any damage popup plugins that had element rate be a factor in how it's being displayed.

Peace~

2. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. Zemtax

Zemtax Secret Open World Game Dev Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    kovak likes this.
  4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.