RMMV Damage Popups Disappeared!

Loara

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I'm working on a project and when I playtested it yesterday, nothing was wrong with my battles. But when I opened the project up today and tried to playtest a battle, there were no damage popups. I tried a bunch of things, but can't get it to display damage popups or even the word 'MISS' when an attack misses. I added a screenshot of which plugins I'm using, and what the 'Damage Popups' section looks like in Yanfly's YEP_BattleEngineCore plugin.

I'm guessing the game isn't searching for my Damage.png file, but I'm not sure how to make sure it will search for that file.

It's really annoying not to know exactly how much damage you have dealt with each attack, so I was hoping someone can help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 10.32.10 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 10.32.10 AM.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 10.32.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 10.32.38 AM.png
    406.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
  1. Your plugin load order looks wrong; you can click+drag entries in the Plugin Manager to rearrange the load order. Yanfly's plugins should be loaded in the recommended order, listed here, to avoid errors:
    I suggest this order:
    • SRD_GameUpgrade
    • Community_Basic
    • YEP_BattleEngineCore
    • YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies
    • YEP_X_VisualHpGauge
    • YEP_SkillCore
    • MV_Unmissable_Skills

Remember to save your project after making changes in the Plugin Manager, otherwise those changes will not be seen in-game. :kaohi:

2. What is MV_Unmissable_Skills, and have you tried turning it off, even if just for testing? Depending on what it does, you might not need it...

• Skills marked "Certain Hit" will, by default, always hit but also ignore the target's state rates. This hit type is designed for ally buffs etc.

• Skills marked "Magical Hit", by default, have 100% hit rate if the target has 0% Magic Evasion (MEV), and will not ignore state rates. I.e. if no-one gets any Magic Evasion traits, skills of this hit type should always hit and will obey the usual rules for applying states.

Loara

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks so much for your reply!

I turned off the MV_Unmissable_Skills plugin, and it worked! Damage is showing up again.
I'm still confused as to why that plugin makes damage popups disappear, as it's only supposed to guarantee a hit for certain skills.
I'll just mark my skills 'Certain Hit', but other attacks that I labeled 'Certain hit' sometimes miss (such as the default 'attack' skill). I want to have one skill that never-ever misses, even if the target has magic evasion. Do you have any suggestions?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It might be a mistake in that plugin's code, or it might simply be incompatible or incorrectly-ordered with your other plugins.

As I mentioned, by default Certain Hit skills never miss (like the name suggests!). Unless you have given that skill < 100% success rate, I guess that what you're seeing is related to the plugins you're using:
  1. Did you rearrange your plugin load order and save before testing, like I suggested?
  2. Maybe turn off all plugins, save, and test, to see if that helps?
  3. If that fails, have you checked to see if it happens in a new project?
Otherwise I'm not sure what the problem might be...maybe I've overlooked something. :kaoslp:

Loara

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much I will try that!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't make anything new yet, but I'm back addicted to writing some MZ plugins. Man, I wish I have more free time like I did 5 years ago.
Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeJoTa