RMMV DAMAGE POPUPS WONT SHOW! (YEP & LETBS)

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all!

Ran into an interesting snag in development. I am using YEP Absorption barrier, together with LETBS, while there were no major loss of function. The plugins operate together, to the extent that a barrier is still created, and said barrier will still mitigate damage.

However, when "shielded" there is no damage pop from shield damage. nor will the animations from YEP's Absorption barrier proc when the shield is destroyed. My initial hypothesis is LETBS DamagepopupEX and YEP Absorption barrier are conflicting with how to handle the shield pops. Or perhaps DAMAGEPOPUPEX was never written with the intent of shields.

In either case I am in need of assistance, I have tried moving said plugins to multiple places above and below other plugins, to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas? Because not having a visual indicator that a shield is gone is kinda bad design

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in the absorption barrier plugin setup, there's a parameter to define a "Barrier State", do you have that setup?

In my project, the barrier state I set is 23, and then this is what's setup within State 23:
In the notebox:

<Custom Deselect Effect>
var points = target.barrierPoints();
if (points !== target._currentBarrierPoints) {
target.setStateCounter(23, points);
}
</Custom Deselect Effect>

<Custom Regenerate Effect>
var points = user.barrierPoints();
if (points !== user._currentBarrierPoints) {
user.setStateCounter(23, points);
}
</Custom Regenerate Effect>

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
in the absorption barrier plugin setup, there's a parameter to define a "Barrier State", do you have that setup?

In my project, the barrier state I set is 23, and then this is what's setup within State 23:
In the notebox:

<Custom Deselect Effect>
}

}

Thanks for the reply, but this is not what I need. It is because i'm using a non standard battle system.
I am using Lecode Tactical Battle System. LETBS.

It has a problem handling overlay because the core mechanics for LETBS are still in 0.77 and 0.8 has yet to be released, which were to support sprite overlays, which I could have settled for, as it would have been a visual que to see the shield is gone.

However Im willing to settle for getting different color numbers to display when you are hit with a shield.

Myers & Sparks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

In the notebox:

<Custom Deselect Effect>
}

}
Looking more into this, its nifty that it shows the shield portion as a counter, I would also like to get a popup if possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D
I get scam calls all the time so today I gave them a piece of my mind. They hung up on me. Sweet revenge.
There’s a beehive in my wall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nagamatsu1945