Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I'm back again with another unusual and very specific request. I'm looking for assistance with a battle mechanic.

This time, I'm looking to make an attack have increased damage or cause multiple values of damage for each stack of a particular state. Ideally, I'd prefer the multiple values route. For example...

Inflict target with stack, then use the attack skill causing 50 damage
Inflict target with 2 stacks, then use the attack skill causing 50 and 50 damage (or 100 if need be)
Inflict target with 3 stacks, then use the attack skill causing 50 and 50 and 50 damage (or 150 if need be)

I've already got the stacking state working correctly, I just can't seem to make the attack skill afterwards react to the amount of stacks the target has.

As a bonus point, there's a minor bug in the stacking dot effect as well which I have a temporary workaround, but if anyone can help me solve that, it would be equally appreciated. This is basically how the stacking dot formula works

target.gainHp(-damage);
target.startDamagePopup();

For some reason, this does not work with VE_DamagePopup. I have to disable that plugin for the damage to actually pop up in this particular instance, but the plugin works for everything else I have created so far.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this supposed to only deal damage in reaction to the afflicted attacking?

I have a state effect in my game, it is an extremely weak DoT effect, but it reacts to taking damage from a specific element, where when the afflicted does, the damage the DoT deals increases. So I have created a similar effect myself

Archlvt

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi and thanks for the reply,

No that's not quite it. Basically, I have a skill that hits all enemies that I would like to deal damage based on how many stacks of the state are on them. The stacking states are bleed effects, and the big aoe is Blood Corruption. Blood corruption only does damage to bleeding targets, increased if they have it stacked. For example...

I have 4 enemies in front of me. Enemy 1 is not bleeing, enemy 2 has 2 stacks of bleed, enemy 3 has 1 stack, enemy 4 has 5 stacks.

I cast blood corruption, enemy 1 takes 0 damage. Enemy 2 takes 50+50 damage. Enemy 3 takes 50 damage, enemy 4 takes 50+50+50+50+50 damage. This is of course in addition to the regular DOT effect that the bleed carries, making this a very viable strategy for longer fights with more ramp-up time.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you'd like, shoot me an add on discord, and we can see if we can get it figured out.
Zerothedarklord#8459

jutoki

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
enlgish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you guys ever figured out a solution, it would be much appreciated if you shared your findings!
If you'd like, shoot me an add on discord, and we can see if we can get it figured out.
Zerothedarklord#8459

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you guys ever figured out a solution, it would be much appreciated if you shared your findings!
I helped him figure it out, yes. send me an add on discord and we'll get you sorted

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuneyBug